DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly in USA and Australia with same aircraft

Museummatt

Reactions
If I setup and register my Mavic Pro Platinum in the USA, are there any DJI issues with flying it in Australia? Just wanted to be sure it wouldn't lock up or need internet access or anything.

Reactions: Fleek
Ok thanks. I thought I had heard something about DJI trying to restrict the use of aircraft in countries where they were not registered. Maybe something about them being used in war zones. I know there's no war in Oz but just wanted to be sure my aircraft would work there.

Hi. New to here and just signed up. Thanks in advance for all the support.

I have the same question but in reverse, and Re Marvic Air.

If I buy one in Australia can I fly it in USA?
Thanks in advance.

You can fly in other countries, (provided they are not blanketed by a DJI NFZ) but if there is an issue your DJI Care or warranty will have to be handled in the region where you activate the drone.

as far as I know it works like this:
If you buy the drone in EU, activate in USA and crash it in Australia you are still covered by warranty and DJI care, but officially you have to do the repair in USA.

Of course you can always contact DJI to ask for local help.

You can fly in other countries, (provided they are not blanketed by a DJI NFZ) but if there is an issue your DJI Care or warranty will have to be handled in the region where you activate the drone.

as far as I know it works like this:
If you buy the drone in EU, activate in USA and crash it in Australia you are still covered by warranty and DJI care, but officially you have to do the repair in USA.

Of course you can always contact DJI to ask for local help.

Thanks for that.
Yeah, tried contacting DJI directly. It's impossible to email them until after a purchase cause they ask for a code.
We will only be in USA for 3 months, we'll be in Australia forever. I expect we will buy and register here. If we need warranty over in US we'll just pack it up and bring it home.

Cheers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag