DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly?

bassnbeau

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I live in an over 55 mobile home community which is surrounded on three sides by a state forest. I have been flying drones here for the past 3 years with no problems. I was informed yesterday by the manager of the Mobile home park that I couldn't fly anymore. I follow all FAA rules, never fly over people and do not fly over the mobile homes. Will talk to the owner soon. What sort of questions should I ask him? I don't want to create any hate and discontent.

What did he say was the reason ?

The park itself may have implemented a rule that doesn’t allow anyone to take off from their property which may be legitimate. Whether that is legal where you are I can’t say. I would think the property owner has the right to implement whatever guidelines they see fit for the use of their facility.
Possibly someone new has moved in and complained to the manager about something they didn’t approve of. May be worth asking if there is a place at the edge of the park that you could take off from that you could then fly away from the park and not over any of their facility.
Hope you get a resolution.

Reactions: Flycaster
I live in an over 55 mobile home community which is surrounded on three sides by a state forest. I have been flying drones here for the past 3 years with no problems. I was informed yesterday by the manager of the Mobile home park that I couldn't fly anymore. I follow all FAA rules, never fly over people and do not fly over the mobile homes. Will talk to the owner soon. What sort of questions should I ask him? I don't want to create any hate and discontent.
maybe one of the other residents has complained to the managers. you may be better finding another flying site a bit futher away . then there will be no problem . if you tell him you going to find somewhere else , that will keep him happy , and you can still ask him why you cant fly there anymore you may get an answer or you may not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura