DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I get a matte finish screen protector?

sputnik378

Reactions
The subject says it all. I have been looking, and haven't found anything anywhere. Anybody?

I found this, but it isn't a hardened screen protector, it's just a thin film.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I get where you are coming from sputnik378
It’s reflections that are a problem for me.
None reflective glass is used in good quality picture frames so you see the picture not reflections, same applies if used for a monitor screen especially when used outdoors.

The subject says it all. I have been looking, and haven't found anything anywhere. Anybody?

I found this, but it isn't a hardened screen protector, it's just a thin film.

I've been looking for one for 2 months now, got nothing

Lots on eBay for laptops & tablets.
I was going to say you could always cut one down then I realized you said you can get a film one for the controller but you want tempered glass.

Interesting pretty much a non-issue for me.

Reactions: Rattydude77
It seems there are a couple advertised on Amazon but it is difficult to tell if they are perfectly sized for the SC or need trimming. You can always ask the vendor.

Another option might be to buy a matte protector for a laptop and trim it to size. I looked around a little and it seemed these much larger protectors didn't cost a lot. You might be able to trim 2 or more the right size for the SC from one laptop (maybe desktop) protector.

I would suggest considering something made from tempered glass. I don't know a lot about this but I am under the impression these are easier to apply bubble-free and in general of better quality.

I recently had one made for my Crosstrek navigation screen. They have a variety of "finishes" but they are NOT tempered glass. They do make to size. I'm not sure that a glass one can be cut after the fact unless you have specialized equipment that can cut the very thin glass and polish the raw edge.

Cutting… I hadn't considered that regarding tempered glass. I can see how that might be an issue.

I ordered this matte one a few days ago to try, but it hasn't arrived yet. I didn't want to go the tempered glass route due to the reflection, I feel that they do more harm than good usually for items that will see heavy outdoor use.
Hey hope your matte SC screen protector works out. I'd like to get one also. After you've had some time to use it would you mind posting back here to give your thoughts on it? I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate it.

Thanks

Give them dimensions and they will cut one up custom or purchase bulk sheet and cut your own. Ask them to radius the corners slightly otherwise you will need to chamfer slightly before application. Of note - the looser the tolerance the easier to apply - I suggest at least 1mm setback from the device bezel for best outcome.

Brotect (yes, Brotect) sell a matte screen protector. Check out Amazon but same item appeared much cheaper with a number of European vendors (maybe not surprising as Brotect is made in Germany).

Reactions: ff22
Got mine from here perfect fit first time they have a big collection to suit

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme