DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I have two controllers set as “master”?

7BMavGuy

Reactions
So my question is this, can I buy a second controller to use for when my first runs out of charge? It seems that there is a lot of info out there to set up two controllers, one as master and one as slave, but I can’t find anything for someone like myself who just wants to switch to a new controller once one is out of battery. Anybody know how to set this up? Thanks.

Same way you do to master....but on second you must choice slave....can't have 2 master on same bird

I think won't work with master off....you should have master always connected or on...

The slave remote controller will always be the slave until you relink it and switch it to the master.

You don't need that just use powerbank and you can charge your controller and fly at same time....just have look on youtube who to do...

You only need second controller for someone who wanna learn....or have some fun

How much of a hassle would it be to pair up a new remote in the field?
The process takes about a minute. It can be done in DJI GO like this:

Quick question. Just got a second remote for the Mavic. I know that one will be master, second one slave. If I turn on those remotes in the opposite order: first the slave(2nd) and a few minutes later the master(original controller), will they remain as configured originally or will have the priority the one that's turned on first?

I know that one will be master, second one slave. If I turn on those remotes in the opposite order: first the slave(2nd) and a few minutes later the master(original controller), will they remain as configured originally or will have the priority the one that's turned on first?
When linking a remote controller in DJI GO, you'll be prompted to select "Master" or "Slave". That remote controller will always be the master (if you choose master) or slave (if you choose slave) until you link a new master/slave. The order you power on the remote controllers does not matter.

Doing geology, I recharge my controller and iPad while I hike from one site to another using cell-phone power packs I carry in the case. Both are down to around 70% when I pack up and are commonly back to 100% when I reach the next site.

We just video recorded a wedding last night. we had 4 cameras on the ground an Osmo and a Mavic Pro in the air. i forgot to charge the controller. It was at 56%. i plugged in a cell phone power pack and it charged the controller just fine as we continued to fly. we used up 4 batteries and part of a 5th and the controller was at 61%. when we were done.
I can tell you now, i will never go out flying without one of these power packs for back up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser