DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I reduce the Propellers speed rotation at mini 2 /mini 1?

I think the short answer is going to be, for a given set of props ...... NO.

However, if your question stems from seeing "motor reaching maximum speed" etc. warnings then I suspect your props have been deformed in such a way that they provide less than the specified lift at the specified speeds and consequently have to turn faster to generate the specified lift. I also suspect you are flying a Mavic Mini.
The solution to that problem is to change blades for new, undeformed blades, and, on each motor, CHANGE THE BLADES AS PAIRS do not change just one blade on any given motor. i.e. remove the old blades, open the packaging of a new pair of blades and put both those blades on one motor.
BTW the blades are handed for direction of rotation so make sure you fit the correct blades to the correct motors, this is detailed in the manuals.

Just incase you are thinking of it, Mavic MIni props and Mini 2 props ARE NOT interchangable.
From memory the shoulders of the screws have differing diameters and lengths and the screw threads have either or both differing ptiches and diameters.

Last edited:
You certainly can reduce the speed of the props on a mini1 or mini2: reduce altitude as fast as possible, and/or land the drone. That causes the motors/props to spin slower and develop less thrust. I suspect that's not what you want though.

If what you're after is a lower prop speed while still maintaining thrust then the only option is to change the props for a set that produce more thrust for a given prop speed. Master Airscrew produce some aftermarket props for the Mini2 that spin slightly slower than the DJI props, going by the tone of the prop noise.

Reactions: NG Wildman
You certainly can reduce the speed of the props on a mini1 or mini2: reduce altitude as fast as possible, and/or land the drone. That causes the motors/props to spin slower and develop less thrust. I suspect that's not what you want though.

If what you're after is a lower prop speed while still maintaining thrust then the only option is to change the props for a set that produce more thrust for a given prop speed. Master Airscrew produce some aftermarket props for the Mini2 that spin slightly slower than the DJI props, going by the tone of the prop noise.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots