DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I run Litchi and DJI Go4 on same iPad?

BRDVPRA

Reactions
This maybe a silly question, but is there a problem with having both control apps on the same iPad for one drone? Obviously, I would use one at a time. Are there any background settings to worry about and is it easy to switch back and forth?

There is no problem, no particular system settings. To switch between them on-the-fly, double-click the Home button, swipe the one you don't want anymore off the screen to kill it, and start the one you want.

When launching Lichti the developer clearly states that DJIGO4 must be close and not just in the background so you may want to observe that strong recommendation.

You mean to close it correct? Is there anything to shut down in the background?

Yes , correct. Completely close DJIGO4 and what I meant was not to just leave it running in the background. Then if you need DJIGO4 then relaunch it and then close Lichti completely.

Rather than just leaving them both open in the background and toggling between them. Its a safer way to use the apps.

Will they genuinely conflict with each other? I am unsure as I always close one and open the other as I figure if the developer of Lichti pops up a big warning message about closing DJIGO4 before using Lichti I think I should listen, :)

Reactions: Prismatic
They will conflict with each other at the very least of which has access to the USB for the remote.
Same is true for any other app designed for DJI, such as Go 3 and Airmap.

Reactions: BD0G
To close apps from running in the background, click the “Home” button twice, fast. That will bring up all the apps that are running. Then swipe up on the apps you want to close.

Newer iOS devices don’t even provide a home button. Here :
- swipe from outside the bottom edge of your device to somewhere in the screen and HOLD your finger for 1-2 secs in this position. If you did correctly instead of just closing the App and showing the AppScreen, the TaskSwitcher comes up
- here, swipe the App(s) that should be closed to the upper side of the screen to kill the App/Task

Yes. Definitely be certain that only one or the other is running. Leaving on or the other running in the backround definitely can cause problems with either the systems causing errors or attempting to connect resulting control issue.

I was hovering and the drone returned home.

Not at the same time but yes on the same device as long as you can kill each one respectfully

Reactions: RogerMav
Been using both for 2 years no problem. I dont ever shut them down either, just leave running both in the background during flight and switch between them constantly. Havent had a single issue. MP with ipad air.

I use an iPad Mini3. I fly a lot of commercial construction sites with tons of equipment, buried cable/pipes, etc, all over. For some reason I get compass errors on the launch pad in Litchi, but not Go. So I open the presaved Litchi mission I need, but I launch in Go. Then switch back to Litchi mid air. I have done that dozens upon dozens (probably 100s) of times, across the course of the last few years. Not one single issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair