DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I take pics while recording video?

frankiez

Reactions
If i hit the RECORD button on the controller and then while its recording hit the SHUTTER button, will it take pics? Will it stop recording and I will hafta hit the RECORD button again to resume taking video?

sent from my Galaxy Note4

Reactions: Bk420Mavic
If i hit the RECORD button on the controller and then while its recording hit the SHUTTER button, will it take pics? Will it stop recording and I will hafta hit the RECORD button again to resume taking video?

You have to stop the video, switch to photo mode, take your photos and then switch back to video and resume.

I should have mentioned, a better alternative is that you can always do a frame grab from a video using just about any photo editor.

No, you have to exit video mode first.

You have to stop the video, switch to photo mode, take your photos and then switch back to video and resume.
You don't need to switch, if you use the controller buttons.
Just stop recording, hit photo shutter, then restart video record by hitting that button.
Screengrabs are pretty good especially from 4K

You don't need to switch, if you use the controller buttons.
Just stop recording, hit photo shutter, then restart video record by hitting that button.
Screengrabs are pretty good especially from 4K

That makes sense and thanks for that correction/update. I tried just hitting the photo capture while recording, I guess I just assumed you had to switch to photo mode. Since then I've always just done frame grabs.

I should have mentioned, a better alternative is that you can always do a frame grab from a video using just about any photo editor.
That is the way I do it with my GoPros for my show and plan the same thing when I do a video from the sky. My profile pic is a example of a grabbed from from a GoPro video. [emoji38] Just like the pic below.
3027e85cdd5907d82ce3ac2f971c32ca.jpg

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

That would be a nice feature. I used to have a Nikon HD point and shoot camera with that feature and it was great. Without interrupting the flow of my video I could grab snapshots anytime something looked nice in the frame.

I know there is always the post-processing screen grab option, but it's so much nicer to remove that step. Then you immediately have a quality still image you can share. Additionally, if you are recording action, you don't miss anything by turning off/on the video. It's too bad that isn't supported.

Thanks for the post, I had the same question and the answers to yours helped me out.

Reactions: tattman911
This is a pity. It’s the same sensor so it should be capable, like the iPhone can and many other digital cameras.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie