DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use the Mavic Air 2 controller to charge drone battery

bmwbob

Reactions
I'm going the Eastern Sierras Monday and will be away from power for several days and bringing a couple power bricks. So can I charge up the controller then use the controller to charge the MA2 Battery? Controler charges the phone and the Fly More combo comes with a USB battery charger, USB to USB C charging cable. Haven't tried it yet, but seems like it should work!

Last edited:
I'm going the Eastern Sierras Monday and will be away from power for several days and bringing a couple power bricks. So can I charge up the controller then use the controller to charge the MA2 Battery? Controler charges the phone and the Fly More combo comes with a USB battery charger, USB to USB C charging cable. Haven't tried it yet, but seems like it should work!
No. A good chance power bricks won’t work either.

Solar panel and car charger might be your only option, unless you want to carry a decent-sized 12V battery and a car charger for the MA2 batteries. The controller doesn't need charging nearly as often if you're not charging your handset/tablet from the controller (I understand that this isn't optional for the Android devices, though.)

The USB adapter for the MA2 batteries lets you charge a USB device from the dregs of the battery (might have enough power to get a phone back up to half-charge, but not enough to fly with) but you cannot charge the MA2 battery via USB with that adapter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura