DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

can Litchi record a mission real-time?

daneast

Reactions
Tried searching the net to see if this is possible, but most posts were 3-4 years old and so the feature may have been added since.

Is it possible with Litchi to record a manual flight, then replay / re-fly that flight automatically? Not a pre-designed mission, but a live capture of a manual flight for later playback.

Reactions: RonanCork
Maybe under Settings - Buttons - in Litchi there you can set waypoints and POIs. But I don't know how to call this up again to transfer these points into a programmed flight after a manual flight.
Does anyone know this or has already used this?

Not possible I'm afraid ... not as I think you want it at least. You can't just push some record button then get airborne & fly all over & push stop ... & you have a nice recorded route with soft turns, yaw directions, heights & camera pitch.

Don't work to import a flight log in .csv format from for instance Airdata ... the import in Litchi Mission hub always ends with a "Too Many Waypoints" error.

Don't work to import a flight log in .csv format from for instance Airdata ... the import in Litchi Mission hub always ends with a "Too Many Waypoints" error.
That's true. However, I have done this manually for reason of exactly reproduce the flight of a lost AC.
Dependent on your requirements (# of flights, comfort,...), you may want to look for scripts to automate the process. Have not tried to find some.

Basic idea and short description:
You need to open the .csv of the respective mission (.csv1 in LitchiApp Folder) with a text editor, open in parallel a (short) mission (.csv2), created in Litchi Mission Hub.
File .csv 2 only serves as reference, and as you compare especially the headlines of the two files, you will notice the difference and what changes need to be done to .csv1 to convert it into a correct mission file.
First change is, to significantly reduce the number of lines to < 100, i.e. by leaving 1 out of 10 lines and removing all others. Then by further comparison, select the columns in .csv 1 to be removed to adapt the format to that of .csv 2.

If the format is correct and lines are within the range of 100, you can copy .csv1 to the LitchApp folder on your SmartPhone and from there upload to the AC.

As already mentioned, this process is highly suitable for automation, but its also no rocket science to try by yourself. Quite interesting to see and understand the FlightRecord Details and composition of a Litchi Mission file.

If I'm not understanding this wrong... this is actually easy to do? Doesn't work with all drones I think. I have done this with Mini SE and old Mavic Air 1.

Go to Litchi Key-settings, add “Waypoint at Aircraft” to one off the buttons (for Mini it's the left button, long press stay as Go home). Old Mavic Air 1 it's FN-button.

For other settings see "Cable Cam Interpolate Method" in this page Help - Litchi

Then just fly in location, press that button and it save the location AND gimbal ets settings.. .go to next location and repeat... it makes normal Lichi plan, it can be saved as usually with Litchi. Then just play it.

(You can also just push the drone icon on the map, but it only save location, no gimbal or other settings.)

Reactions: Faster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000