DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Litchi Waypoint missions be moved offline?

JonasJr

Reactions
Hi there,

I have used Litchi Waypoint missions in combination with a Mavic 2. Usually, I plan my flight routes on the desktop via the "Mission Hub" and then open these routes on my smart controller (online). Once they are on the smart controller, they can be loaded into the drone and there is no need to have internet access.

Then I drive to very remote areas without internet access/cellphone reception and start flying. Often, however, I realize only at the spot that my Waypoint mission should cover a more interesting area, which is, for example, 2 or 3 km away. In this case, I wish to move the entire mission and shift it to the new location. Hence, only the center coordinate of the mission needs to be moved by a certain distance and the rest of the mission is kept as it is. But this seems to be not possible offline. So, I would like to know, if there is any option to move a Waypoint mission offline?

Maybe you have some advice.

I have copied and moved a mission many miles away. I don' remember the exact sequence but I've created several "templates" at home and them "copy/move" them to the final location once I had the correct location pulled up. Sometimes a county or two away.

Actually if you find a mission anywhere in the world you can copy it and put it in your location.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Yes, this works very well if you are online in the Litchi Mission hub. I also do that on my desk but what I wanted to know is if the same is possible in a remote area, where you don't have internet access. In my case, I had several situations when I saw at the site (in a remote area without internet access) that my Waypoint route should be actually 2 km further on because there I saw something more interesting. But a simple moving of the mission from A to B was not possible, because there was no internet available.

once you have saved a mission on mission hub make sure it is downloaded to your device and you are good to go internet connection is no longer needed

That's what I sayed above: "Usually, I plan my flight routes on the desktop via the "Mission Hub" and then open these routes on my smart controller (online). Once they are on the smart controller, they can be loaded into the drone and there is no need to have internet access."

I want to know if there is an option to move the entire WP route on the smart controller offline?

I never used a smart controller but with andriod I have to be on line for the andriod to reicieve the mission and i usually start the app on the device to make sure it was downloaded nothing like getting ready for a mission only to find out it did not download to your device. once all that is done then you casn go fly offline hope that answer,s your ?

I never used a smart controller but with andriod I have to be on line for the andriod to reicieve the mission and i usually start the app on the device to make sure it was downloaded nothing like getting ready for a mission only to find out it did not download to your device. once all that is done then you casn go fly offline hope that answer,s your ?
You can download the mission on android and fly without internet.

You can download the mission on android and fly without internet.
yes when i,m on mission hub and then save flight it automactically goes to my device but i always make sure by opening litch on my andriod before closing mission hub when thats done you can go out and fly it in never neverland if you want

Yes, all this is clear. You can fly without internet. My question was: Can you move the WP route in the field OFFLINE from position A to position B and then let the drone fly over this "new" area? Imagine you are somewhere in a remote area and there is no internet. You want the drone to execute the WP route not at the initially intended position A (as created in mission hub before) but you decide that the drone shall fly over position B, which may be 2 km away from position A. How do you let the drone execute this new WP route if you don't have internet? I am asking because I want to avoid driving back for hours to a spot where you do have internet reception and then return to position B. So it would be much simpler, if you can stay at the field site A and move the WP route on the smart controller to the desired position B and then just fly.

I do not know Intresting questionhttps://courses.phantomfilmschool.com/enrollments

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa