DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Mavic Air 2 firmware be edited?

BlackMarch

Reactions
I live in the bottom of a valley with 800 meter tall mountains on either side of me, so the altitude limit of 500 meters on the Mavic Air 2 is really bugging me since it makes it very hard to get the shots I want. I've been looking in to editing the firmware to allow the drone to go up to 1km up in the air so I can see above them but I'm not sure if the drones which use the DJI Fly app can be modified the same way older drones using the Go4 app could?

I live in the bottom of a valley with 800 meter tall mountains on either side of me, so the altitude limit of 500 meters on the Mavic Air 2 is really bugging me since it makes it very hard to get the shots I want. I've been looking in to editing the firmware to allow the drone to go up to 1km up in the air so I can see above them but I'm not sure if the drones which use the DJI Fly app can be modified the same way older drones using the Go4 app could?
hello, did you learn anything new on this topic?

Land at distance and above you. Turn nothing off. Then after 20 seconds or so TO and the barometers/ altimeter will be reset to zero AGL. Gives another 1600’
Used the trick to see over a 2200’ mountain behind my house.

Reactions: Nobbler
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Land at distance and above you. Turn nothing off. Then after 20 seconds or so TO and the barometers/ altimeter will be reset to zero AGL. Gives another 1600’
Used the trick to see over a 2200’ mountain behind my house.
No kidding? Remote high five on this one

Just be sure you have VLOS of the drone after it lands and maintain max of 400’ altitude from ground below.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Youtube has videos on this subject.....FYI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ