DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can NOT control EV in 'manual' mode [video or photo]

obrecko

Reactions
I am a new owner and new to drones, but have been shooting photography professionally for 20 years.

I am frustrated and exasperated that no matter what I do, I can NOT control the EV [exposure compensation] while in 'manual' mode -- both for still photo and video.

I've looked everywhere many times over. I've called for help. I have no answer.

Manual, should mean "manual."

I want to ‘lock’ it at 0.0 and control other settings.

Note — the settings will allow you to adjust with a +/- if you are in auto, S or A priority. ODD that you cannot while in Manual.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you

I am a new owner and new to drones, but have been shooting photography professionally for 20 years.

I am frustrated and exasperated that no matter what I do, I can NOT control the EV [exposure compensation] while in 'manual' mode -- both for still photo and video.

Note — the settings will allow you to adjust with a +/- if you are in auto, S or A priority. ODD that you cannot while in Manual.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you
For photos I use A (aperture) mode almost exclusively, usually f4 or f5.6 as this is for optimal lens resolution. As the drone has good stabilization shutter speed is rarely a factor. Exceptions are low lightiing where use of wider apertures are necessary. Depth of field at 15' or more is not a factor though I tap screen at point of important focus.

I'm not sure what the problem is.
When you've set a manual exposure setting and control, you make adjustments by changing your shutter speed or aperture setting (if the camera has a controllable aperture).

Manual does mean manual.

In manual mode its just an indicator of how over or under your chosen exposure settings are.
You're responsible for adjusting them to 0 it (or whatever you want).

If you want the system to automatically zero the EV you want the opposite of manual - you want auto, shutter or aperture priority mode.

Reactions: dtp and Meta4

Can anybody help me?

Thank you
That's because it's not real ev it's a ev compensator and only works in auto. I believe to do what your talking about the drone would need aperture which it does not have. Nd filters is another way.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you
My MA2 iso is automatically locked at 100 in manual (pro) camera mode, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why....

Didn't used to be that way.

Are we talking about the same thing??

My MA2 iso is automatically locked at 100 in manual (pro) camera mode, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why....

Didn't used to be that way.

Are we talking about the same thing??
No .. it's not the same thing.
You should be able to select any ISO value that you want.

Aah had to do a little research to understand what happening here and I've found out a little more. Yes the ev was lockable on auto put this was removed before I got mine. DJI removed this option on update it was 1.4.0 I believe. It has not returned on the latest fly app update and is now on the function button. You have to go into the options the change the function buttons commands. This ev lock in auto was missing for sometime time and has only recently been added again. Here is a video by Gavin HR YouTuber

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ