DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can one LAANC approval be used for more then one drone with the same Registration numbers?

cgmaxed

Reactions
I'm registered as Recreational with the FAA, thus they give me One Registration number for all my drones. So, I was wondering, If I get LAANC approval through the DJI app for say, my Mav2Pro, does this mean my other drones, like my Evo26k ,of similar weight and size approved as well. Or do I need to get LAANC for each one I fly, even though they all have the same registration number and my personal info. Can anyone answer this question? It seems logical, since they are all registered under my name and with the same reg number, but I'm just not sure.

I believe you are going to need one for each aircraft, when you log in on the LAANC app (at least on AirMap) it specifies the model and type of aircraft to be flown. I'm sure that if you got authorization for your MP2 but then had an incident with your Evo the FAA would be irritated. LAANC only takes a couple minutes, I'd play it safe and get authorization for each... even if only flying recreationally if in an area that requires it.

I believe you are going to need one for each aircraft, when you log in on the LAANC app (at least on AirMap) it specifies the model and type of aircraft to be flown. I'm sure that if you got authorization for your MP2 but then had an incident with your Evo the FAA would be irritated. LAANC only takes a couple minutes, I'd play it safe and get authorization for each... even if only flying recreationally if in an area that requires it.
thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost