DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone explain LAANC ???

VanP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am registered with the FAA, my M2Z is registered with the FAA. So far I have only been flying around my home and nearby parks. I am near a controlled airspace (Airport) so I do apply for LAANC authorization and have been approved for a wide area until December 31 2020. So the FAA has approved me and I received the approval... what do I do next?? Is there somewhere in the software to inform the drone that it is approved?? I am aware of elevation restrictions in my flight areas and always follow what is required. At times I will be at approved elevation in a approved area and I will get warnings that I am in restricted airspace and need authorization to fly there... I have authorization... any help is greatly appreciated.

LAANC. An example might help. I went to fly the pro platinum the other day. I wouldn't go up even though the stats and airport stuff looked good on uav forecast and on dji4go. So I found a spot using kitty hawk that allowed me to contact the airport digital, allowing/giving me a code number to enter into the dji go 4. This allowed the drone to take off and had height restrictions. Love it because you used to have to call the airport, No one answers, they very quick with you if they do answer, all for a recreational flight. Note: sometimes it's hard to get that code but it's definitely getting better.

LAANC. An example might help. I went to fly the pro platinum the other day. I wouldn't go up even though the stats and airport stuff looked good on uav forecast and on dji4go. So I found a spot using kitty hawk that allowed me to contact the airport digital, allowing/giving me a code number to enter into the dji go 4. This allowed the drone to take off and had height restrictions. Love it because you used to have to call the airport, No one answers, they very quick with you if they do answer, all for a recreational flight. Note: sometimes it's hard to get that code but it's definitely getting better.
They’re going to be quick with you because calling the airport was ended a long time ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots