DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone please help analysis this Flight?

izzca

Reactions
The flight total was just under 10 secs actually and and luckilly just literally above the ground when it just dropped on it's own to the ground. I tried looking at the data below and I can't see anything that say something happened.

Flight time
Altitude​
Home DistTypeNotification
A00m 00s0.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to Motors_Started
B00m 00s0.0 ft0 ftWarningGEO: You are in a Warning Zone (Class D Airspace). Fly with caution.
C00m 00s0.0 ft0 ftTipSetting new Return-To-Home altitude to 65m (213 ft). Data Recorder File Index is 95. Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 400m (1312 ft)
D00m 01s0.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to Assisted_Takeoff
E00m 05s0.0 ft1 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
F00m 05s0.7 ft1 ftTipDownward Obstacle Sensing is not functioning.__Ambient Light is too weak.
00m 08s5.9 ft11 ft
airdata-kml-bat-90p.png
97% Battery at maximum distance

After the last entry or event my MP2 dropped to the ground with power still on. Hope someone can check this out. Thanks

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-27_[21-51-08].txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 9
After the last entry or event my MP2 dropped to the ground with power still on. Hope someone can check this out. Thanks
You can see the flight data better here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Unfortunately whatever happened was after the recorded data stops.
The data shows you pushing the left stick forward and the drone rising to 6.9 feet above the ground.
AT the end of data, the drone is in stable flight with good battery levels..
The data doesn't give any clues as to what might have happened after that.

You can see the flight data better here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Unfortunately whatever happened was after the recorded data stops.
The data shows you pushing the left stick forward and the drone rising to 6.9 feet above the ground.
AT the end of data, the drone is in stable flight with good battery levels..
The data doesn't give any clues as to what might have happened after that.

Thanks for responding. That's what I saw as well in the data. During the actual real life flight, it was as if it hit an invisible wall... Anyway, I guess I will never know what happened.

One can suspect a power failure as the root cause, as it, by definition will terminate writing to the log file. Dropping a battery out of the ac was a cause earlier in the Phantom series, but catastrophic battery failure, poor electrical contact between the battery and drone from contact corrosion, battery not filly latched on drone, cable disconnect or failure, etc.

If it wasn’t a power failure one would expect flight records up to the moment of impact.

Reactions: izzca
I am no expert in voltage but it looks strange that the voltage should decrease and then increase.Battery Voltage.jpg

I am no expert in voltage but it looks strange that the voltage should decrease and then increase.View attachment 106831

No - that's common. It decreases as the motors are throttled up and draw more current, and then recovers as the current drops in the hover.

Yes I see that he throttled back just as the voltage increased again. Thanks for the explanation sar104.

One can suspect a power failure as the root cause, as it, by definition will terminate writing to the log file. Dropping a battery out of the ac was a cause earlier in the Phantom series, but catastrophic battery failure, poor electrical contact between the battery and drone from contact corrosion, battery not filly latched on drone, cable disconnect or failure, etc.

If it wasn’t a power failure one would expect flight records up to the moment of impact.

I'm with you on this. Late I've noticing that my battery is not latching in place well. It make sense. Thanks

So i just found out that my 2 batteries swell up when it gets hot that's why it disengages the contacts and that one time causing loss of power and consequent crash. Both of my 2 batteries are doing it. I bought a new one and will test it soon.20200723_211741.jpg

The flight total was just under 10 secs actually and and luckilly just literally above the ground when it just dropped on it's own to the ground. I tried looking at the data below and I can't see anything that say something happened.

just a question.."C" setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 400m (1312 ft)
did you mean 400 feet not realizing it was operating in metric?
I don't pretend to understand all the charts, far from it, maybe someone can explain to me??

just a question.."C" setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 400m (1312 ft)
did you mean 400 feet not realizing it was operating in metric?
That was a tip from Airdata rather than something toe OP actually did.
Airdata was just making a comment on him having his RTH height set so high.

Reactions: Torcan
Thank you for the info about the batteries swelling. Hard to catch on a preflight check!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser