DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone recommend a decent tablet and shade

Sky1

Reactions
I ordered a tablet holder but would not tighten, would like to order a new one with a lanyard and maybe a shade. Any suggestions please?

Order some 3M velcro and attach to the back of your tablet and on your holder.

I ordered a tablet holder but would not tighten, would like to order a new one with a lanyard and maybe a shade. Any suggestions please?
I posted this early on mavic pilots but it shows an example of how you removing a couple little restrictive tabs on the arms will allow you to hold a 8in tablet on the controller.
Look at about the three minute mark.
Somebody posted this before on mavic pilots.com it's not my idea, but I can't find that post in YouTube video.
So here is my example you can see how the arms can hold a 8in pad begin at the three minute mark.

I'm at McDonald's on my little smartphone, when I get home I will try to find that video that shows you how to adjust your arms so you can hold a pad on your controller without using any sort of extrinsic holder

I'm at McDonald's on my little smartphone, when I get home I will try to find that video that shows you how to adjust your arms so you can hold a pad on your controller without using any sort of extrinsic holder

Here is the youtube video. However, no real need to disassemble anything, I just used a utility knife!

WHat the end result looked like using a utility knife. I just hacked the restriction pads away. No disassembly!

Attachments

• aaabbb.JPG
    aaabbb.JPG
    795.8 KB · Views: 73
  • aaabbb1.JPG
    aaabbb1.JPG
    807.5 KB · Views: 71
I'm sure you got the velcro concept, but here's a photo

Attachments

• IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
I got this on Amazon, KUUQA Aluminium-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder Extender with Lanyard works perfectly with even large tablet, and has lanyard which gives you hands free for battery changes or anything else.
Also there is lots of place to allow you to get to all the controller functions. Due to large tablet, I bought O'woda Upgrade Version Smartphone/Tablets Foldable Remote Control Monitor Hood also on amazon

I use a Hoodman that I bought a few years ago for my first drone (DJI P3). The hood width is just barely enough for an older Iphone 6S+. It has a cutout at the bottom for reaching the touchscreen (again a bit tight, but it works for me). The labels are there in case I panic. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9343.JPG
    IMG_9343.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9345.JPG
    IMG_9345.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I use and like the 6th Gen IPAD..holder I got of Ebay and it would not stay stable so I used Gorilla Glue on its spine...no more issues moving around

My iPad mini 4 works perfectly for flying my M2P and it is definitely big enough for me to see everything I need to see. And it fits into the RC WITHOUT having to modify it at all. Why would you need just a little bit more screen and damage the RC for a little bit more viewing?? Doesn’t make sense to me?? :rolleyes:

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143