DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone recommend an Ebay seller of Platinum 8331 Props

Pointbob

Reactions
Can someone recommend an Ebay seller of Platinum 8331 Props?

Also is there any diff in the super cheaper knock off ones and the real ones from Dji?

I've got a mavic and would like to try these props. Also...newb question..but all i need is 2 sets..right? some of the language in the ebay ads is a bit confusing in the quantities..

thanks

If you are closed to Microcenter they are selling them for $10/pair which is same as on DJI’s website.

To me that is a pretty decent price $1 more than regular prop.

I purchased from DJI just to make sure I didn't get fakes. I hated spending $30.00, but at least I have peace of mind they are DJI.

The DJI props are really not expensive are they? Is it really worth the risk to save a couple of bucks on cheap knockoffs?

Reactions: Dgardner007
Last edited:
Come on, you spent hundreds of dollars on a Mavic, why cheap out a risk catastrophic failure buy using subpar props? Just fork out the 20 bucks (for 4 props) and get the real deal.

Or buy them for $10 a pair from Advexure, which is an active participant of this forum and an authorized dealer with great customer service. Shipping isn’t free, but it’s cheaper than the premium you pay at Amazon even if the shipping there is free.
For me, I can purchase them for $14 here on Amazon (including shipping) or $18.80 from Advexure. I guess you could save a few bucks if buying more than 2 pair though.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGLUG24
Like many others I am always astonished why anyone would look for a "cheap" non-DJI prop.

For me, I can purchase them for $14 here on Amazon (including shipping) or $18.80 from Advexure. I guess you could save a few bucks if buying more than 2 pair though.

$14 a pair at Amazon or $28 a set.

When I bought from Advexure the shipping was a little cheaper. But at current rates a complete set would cost you 80 cents more from Advexure.

Thank you for the shout, @Mr. Salty, we appreciate that and hope you had a nice holiday.

Props are not something you want to look 3rd party on, stick with Authentic, Original DJI Props please.

Low-Noise Props are always in stock here at Advexure, they're available in Platinum and Gold-tipped versions. Links below. If there are questions on shipping costs just start a chat on our website or drop us an email.

Golden Tips: DJI Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers (Platinum) | Advexure
Platinum Tips: https://advexure.com/store/dji-mavic-low-noise-quick-release-8331-propellers-platinum-part-3/

Best wishes to all in 2018 and safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: Rnl and Mr. Salty
Like many others I am always astonished why anyone would look for a "cheap" non-DJI prop.

I've used 3rd party parts on my car for decades without any issues. Do you really think the DJI props are difficult to replicate? Bad batches may be sold but I think that's an exception not the rule. I'd like to know why you think the branded props would be so difficult to replicate by a third party.

Probably not, but in this case given reviews it seems most of the 3rd party manufacturers for those are looking at making something cheap rather than good.

Weighing the risk of damaging an expensive piece of kit for saving a couple of bucks is obviously your choice to make.

I've used 3rd party parts on my car for decades without any issues. Do you really think the DJI props are difficult to replicate? Bad batches may be sold but I think that's an exception not the rule. I'd like to know why you think the branded props would be so difficult to replicate by a third party.
Not difficult to replicate, but the quality isn't up to standards. The props are an important component of the propulsion system and I would hate to have my $1k drone fall to the ground because I saved $2.00. Besides that, how often do you really change props? I've owned my Mavic since day and I'm still flying on the same set.

Why don't you try some and let us know how they work out.

At least in the U.S., third-party automotive parts still have to meet certain federal safety standards. Knockoff drone parts don't.

Nobody is likely to die if your cheap props fail, but your $1,000 Mavic may not survive.

Check out this thread, photos included:

Buyer beware....NEW MAVIC KNOCK-OFF PROPS ARRIVED
perhaps but the way places like advance,rallys ect get their parts are because when tested they dont meet that manufactures standards so rather than tossing them their sold to lower end places as mentioned
bottom line they dont have the same standard of quality so they fail sooner.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851