DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone tell me what's the best version of the Dji go app

GavieboyDji

Reactions
Because 4.2.12 577 version I'm having nothing but disconnections and I don't trust it anymore or can someone point me in right direction to a mod version please.

The latest one. With the latest firmware.
You not having disconnections with the 4.2.12 android version it's terrible on the s8 just flew my pro for 15 mins in my local park and in that time I had 3 disconnects one where I had no control even with the sticks lucky the drone just landed on its own .

Reactions: jason38
I also have some disconnections regulary , its scarying me on each flight I do... And it happens after a DJIGO app update.
I also use Android device...

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I also have some disconnections regulary , its scarying me on each flight I do... And it happens after a DJIGO app update.
I also use Android device...
Me too I was lucky when I took off that I wasn't a distance away when it disconnected on me. I had no input with anything pressing everything on the rc and nothing the a.c. had gone up to do it's precision take off but was 30 feet in air so couldn't grab it. In the end I had to switch everything off and plug everything back in to get control as it auto landed because no input or signal hadn't been received by the a.c.. I was in a massive open park so no interference anywhere.

The app disconnects are proof the Mavic Air needs the same information screen on its controller that the Mavic Pro has

For sure! I was wondering about buying the mavic Air besides my Pro, But 2 critical points makes me stop thinking about that.
First the fact that the range is very decreased compared to the mavic Pro, and more subject to interferences
And the fact that there is no telemetry datas shown on the rc screen. As the app crashes very often, it's the only remaining solution to try to make the mavic come home...

Reactions: Freddycoolbiker
For sure! I was wondering about buying the mavic Air besides my Pro, But 2 critical points makes me stop thinking about that.
First the fact that the range is very decreased compared to the mavic Pro, and more subject to interferences
And the fact that there is no telemetry datas shown on the rc screen. As the app crashes very often, it's the only remaining solution to try to make the mavic come home...
Been flying my MA for several months using an iPad and haven’t had a single app crash

Reactions: jason38
Yep, it was a quick statement... I agree.
But in a case of disconection, these datas are very very useful... for a mavic Pro owner ;)
Hoping your app will never freeze as your drone is out of sight BTW. ;)

Yep, it was a quick statement... I agree.
But in a case of disconection, these datas are very very useful... for a mavic Pro owner ;)
Hoping your app will never freeze as your drone is out of sight BTW. ;)

“out of sight”? As if! Always LOS! ;);)

Reactions: Classic flyer
Mavic Air... what a junker!

I use 4.1.15 on my Android and it has been very solid. There are probably newer versions just as good but I have not tried. After I got hosed by an update I have turned off auto-updating and not looked back. Flying Mavic Pro.

little update about app crashes...
I was on another thread about disconnections, and a guy told me that he found his phone full of DJI files (like more than 5000 files matching with DJOGO4 app), even if he switched off the cache recording on phone option. Then he told me that he cleaned up all those useless files and reinstall the app, and then, no more disconnections...
So I tried it the other day. I explored my phone's files and discovered soooo many files (like previews of each pics or vids I made since I have my MP, all flights records, flights datas........)
I deleted all these files, being very careful to not delete a useful file.
I didn't want to reinstall the app as I seted all parameters like a really want now.

I did 5 flights since this day and guess what? No more disconections!!!
I know it's not the ultimate solution to solve disconnection issues, but it seems to work for the moment. So after each flight, I delete flight datas and previws from my phone.
BTW, I use the latest version of DJIGO4 app...which was crashing every 1-2 flights...

Reactions: Classic flyer
little update about app crashes...
I was on another thread about disconnections, and a guy told me that he found his phone full of DJI files (like more than 5000 files matching with DJOGO4 app), even if he switched off the cache recording on phone option. Then he told me that he cleaned up all those useless files and reinstall the app, and then, no more disconnections...
So I tried it the other day. I explored my phone's files and discovered soooo many files (like previews of each pics or vids I made since I have my MP, all flights records, flights datas........)
I deleted all these files, being very careful to not delete a useful file.
I didn't want to reinstall the app as I seted all parameters like a really want now.

I did 5 flights since this day and guess what? No more disconections!!!
I know it's not the ultimate solution to solve disconnection issues, but it seems to work for the moment. So after each flight, I delete flight datas and previws from my phone.
BTW, I use the latest version of DJIGO4 app...which was crashing every 1-2 flights...
Thanx for the input...I'll give it a try

i dont have discconets while flying but i get disconects when i start everything up,i turn on the mav then the rc then the phone and when it prompts me to open djgo or itchi i press djigo just once and it will open and ill see the camera for 1 second then get the red disconect, i close the app then do it again same thing then usualy on the 3rd attempt it stays green in gps mode, litchi doesnt seem to do that though, a few times it took more than 3 i gave up and used litchi for my flight, ill try a file cleaner app maybe,i have tried a new cord and changing my settings for phone to never sleep etc but still does it, i have tried a few versions of djigo too, some seem good for a dozen flights thenthey start dissconcects

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose