DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the histogram be resized?

kwilliam8

Reactions
Does anyone know if the display of the histogram can be increased in size on the DJI Smart Controller? If so, how?

I am mainly using my Mavic 2 Pro for still photography. I want to make sure that I am not blowing out the highlights. While the small histogram gives a decent view of the histogram, the display of that histogram is pretty small. I would love to have the ability to make the display of the histogram appear larger (at times) on my screen. Thanks for any help that you might be able to offer!

Keith W.

The histogram cannot be resized.

The histogram cannot be resized.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - much appreciated!

It sure would be a nice feature. There are times when there is only a very small portion of the image might be blown out (e.g., a distant snow covered mountain). With the tiny histogram, it can be very difficult to recognize these situations. What I did the other day was auto exposure bracketing, just to be sure.

Thanks again for your help!

Keith W.

Reactions: ff22
I forgot how its called, but you can enable this over exposure warning, so you see the blown out parts on screen. Somewhere in the camera settings.
I don't use the histogram anymore, like you said, makes hardly any sense.
I check if the EV is at +-0 and done. Most of the time, i got no problems with this method, but I'm not a professional photographer, it's good enough for me ?

Reactions: kwilliam8
Yes, I am aware of zebra striping. It may come down to personal preference, but I prefer using a histogram. However, since the histogram is so small, perhaps I should go back to trying out zebra patterns. Thanks for all the inputs!
Keith W.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S