DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the M2P shoot vertical pics?

Well, it could if you tilted it on it’s side by hand(grin).

But seriously, if you are willing to crop off a lot of pixels (about 1/2 or more) you can shoot landscape and crop to a Portrait orientation. Two things to consider:

1) you usually need to be further away from subject in order to frame it loosely for the vertical crop.
2) the image will end up being significantly lower in resolution. Too low? Only you can decide that so try it out.
NB

No ... like almost all drone cameras, its camera cannot rotate in the gimbal.
The MP1 has a "portrait capture" mode, and although I've never experimented with it I believe the camera actually does rotate 90 degrees.

The MP1 has a "portrait capture" mode, and although I've never experimented with it I believe the camera actually does rotate 90 degrees.
That's the only one I know of that can.
It's probably the reason the OP was asking.

Great feature of the MPP, and would have loved to see it on the MP2. If you shoot manual panos, which I do a lot of, the vertical mode offers a great solution. It's always better to combine vertical shots (portrait) shots into a horizontal (landscape) oriented image. Less distortion (which the MP2 has plenty of), and overall better perspective.

Paul C

Great point. DJI just did not see the need I guess. Oversight by them

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya