DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can we change settings in the app without having to fly the drone?

jbyork

Reactions
Hi all

I would really like to have a proper look around the DJI fly app and delve into the settings and familiarise myself with it but I can't see a way to do this without switching the drone on and connecting my phone to the remote control unit. Is there a way to play with the app 'offline' as it were?

no any setting you make are stored in the drone and you need to be connected up as if you were going to fly to help with cooling have a small desk fan blowing on the drone and that will stop it overheating while you study the app

you may install the app and see how it looks, or to watch tutorial, but you can't make settings without a drone connected, the settings are saved in the drone, not the app, i just changed the phone half an hour ago and i installed the app and surprise, when i connected the drone, all settings remained the same like on the previous phone, all logs, all settings, rth, all of them were the same
Good morning Omm! Are you still upset with me? I hope not ;)

you may install the app and see how it looks, or to watch tutorial, but you can't make settings without a drone connected, the settings are saved in the drone, not the app, i just changed the phone half an hour ago and i installed the app and surprise, when i connected the drone, all settings remained the same like on the previous phone, all logs, all settings, rth, all of them were the same
Good morning Omm! Are you still upset with me? I hope not ;)
@WooZie good morning to you my friend,i said my piece and its forgotten, i was annoyed with your flight after your previous issues and dont want you to loose your drone thats all,lets move on

Hi,

I know there is a DJI flight simulator for wondows, free for some aircraft, but i'm not sure that the Mavic mini emulation is included.

to help with cooling have a small desk fan blowing on the drone
or simply switch on the props by pushing and holding both sticks downward inward for a few seconds (switch them off the same way)

Hi all

I would really like to have a proper look around the DJI fly app and delve into the settings and familiarise myself with it but I can't see a way to do this without switching the drone on and connecting my phone to the remote control unit. Is there a way to play with the app 'offline' as it were?
What OMM has said is correct. Still, if you just want to look into the settings, to familiarise yourself with what's where, you can do it from just the phone.
Open DJI fly, click on connect aircraft in the bottom right, then camera view in the top right. You'll now see the 3 dots on the top right and tell take you into the settings menu

Reactions: jbyork
Good call, I wanted to do that too and didn't you could - that's great, thank you..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej