DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can we turn off Wi-fi in Crystalsky and still connect our Mavic?

CDBLUE

Reactions
Hi. Can anyone help. Can we disconnect Wi-fi and connect crystalsky monitor to our mavic pro with OTG cable ( or through the cable provided with crystalsky mount) and fly? I somehow can not manage to connect after turning Wi-fi off?

Reactions: struijs
I am a noob but you should be able to connect by RC. You would also have to flip the RC switch on the Mavic as well. I hope I have understood and answered your question correctly.

Thank you. I connect through RC but my question is can I fly only through the cable conection after turning off the wifi in CS? In other words do we have to have the wifi on even when we fly with the RC?

I cannot say for sure because i just got my cs 2 days ago and havent flown with it yet. I cannot think of any reason why you would need it on if your not connecting to anything. I know maps can be downloaded for offline viewing but I haven't got that far along yet. Sorry I'm not much help.

The answer is no. Wifi is only needed if you are connecting to the interweb or doing the fly-by-phone thing (tablet in your case). If you're using the RC it's probably better to have the WiFi off anyway since they transmit in the same frequency range.

I am a noob but you should be able to connect by RC. You would also have to flip the RC switch on the Mavic as well. I hope I have understood and answered your question correctly.

Yes, that is the way your supposed to use the CS and the official DJI CS Mavic mount. You connect the mount to the bottom usb in the controller and then screw the mount into the bracket being held in the controller.

Power on the AC , then the controller, wait for the connection to establish itself and then run the DJI Go4 app in the CS, sometimes the CS will automatically run DJI Go4 when it senses the controller is connected to the AC.

Hi. Can anyone help. Can we disconnect Wi-fi and connect crystalsky monitor to our mavic pro with OTG cable ( or through the cable provided with crystalsky mount) and fly? I somehow can not manage to connect after turning Wi-fi off?

Yes you can turn off WiFi ... I always turn WiFi off on my CS when flying.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Yes, that is the way your supposed to use the CS and the official DJI CS Mavic mount. You connect the mount to the bottom usb in the controller and then screw the mount into the bracket being held in the controller.

Power on the AC , then the controller, wait for the connection to establish itself and then run the DJI Go4 app in the CS, sometimes the CS will automatically run DJI Go4 when it senses the controller is connected to the AC.

Many thanks for this info.

1st off what exactly is "AC"?
2nd you mean to tell me all I have to do is switch the MP to off for wifi and do the same for the CS? Guys I've been wrecking my brain over this all day! It's now 0241 in the morning, I will feel very grateful later on in the afternoon when waking up and this works.
Thanks a whole [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

AC = AirCraft, the Mavic

... you mean to tell me all I have to do is switch the MP to off for wifi and do the same for the CS?...
You did not specify which Mavic you are flying, but for the Pro you place the WiFi/RC switch to RC to use the RC (Remote Control) and the CS communicates with the RC via USB cable. I do not own a CS but it should work like other tablets in that WiFi can (and should) be turned off.

From page 8 of the manual:

upload_2018-7-18_10-10-3.png

It worked[emoji3]! (Mavic Pro) Many Thanks
When I started flying, everything went well. Then all of sudden, the screen started getting glitchy. There are not a lot of apps running in the back ground because I have not downloaded any.
Any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa