DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you 3D print a Trackimo holder for MP2?

Mighty J Fury

Reactions
I bought a 3D printed holder for the first mavic that worked great. It was positioned the tracker directly behind the Drone. That won't work now because of the rear-facing sensors. Does anybody know of a 3D printing Guru who can fashion a holder for the tracker that fits on top of the battery of the Mavic 2? I'd rather not use adhesive because I have a decorative /protective skin on the Drone.

Reactions: Yochanan757
Some people are saying that mount blocks the GPS receiver.

Hmmm... not sure if it does or not, but I’ve flown at least three missions with my Gear360 mounted on that very adapter without issue.

That is a great find! Almost though... I need something that fits that screw that would hold the tracker. The Trackimo module doesn't have a screw socket

@Mighty J Fury

I used one to hold a 3 strobe light and battery. I cut a small piece of thin kydex 1' X 3" and drilled a hole for the stud. I attach the kydex with a 1/4-20 nut. Then I used Velcro to attach the light and batteries to it. The way I have it positioned it covers the button on the battery. I did not see this as a problem as it pops on and off easily. I'll post a picture of it later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mighty J Fury
Here are the pictures

IMG-20181029-082309769.jpg

IMG-20181029-082342227.jpg

Reactions: Mighty J Fury
Some people are saying that mount blocks the GPS receiver.

TheAlien: I think those posts you saw about interfering with GPS were referring to the metal object they placed on top that caused the interference, not from the 1/4-20 adapter. Other than the bolt, it's all plastic.

I think those posts you saw about interfering with GPS were referring to the metal object they placed on top that caused the interference
Right you are. I purchased that mount and found no interference with the mount itself.

So did I, Mike, and while I haven't used it to mount anything, I did make sure that it didn't reduce GPS signal reception. Still haven't installed the strobes but plan to Real Soon Now. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S