DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you be fined when you upload footage shot in an illegal area?

ellenprojects

Reactions
Hey guys,

We went off shooting some drone footage and later we found out that it was forbidden in that area. But we did end up with epic shots so I was wondering if they could potentially fine us later? Or do they have to catch us in the act? Does anyone have experience with that? Thanks heaps!

There are few YouTube videos floating around where people had posted videos of "off limit" flying areas and have stated that they have later gotten fined, but I seriously question them. There's a LOT of work that goes into tracking down who posted a YouTube video and some of these guys actually said they received a phone call.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

We went off shooting some drone footage and later we found out that it was forbidden in that area. But we did end up with epic shots so I was wondering if they could potentially fine us later? Or do they have to catch us in the act? Does anyone have experience with that? Thanks heaps!
To be honest, it isn't fair to use video's shot in no fly areas. To others who do obey the rules.
Those others might see that as a reason to report your video to authorities. Seen it happen.

There was a guy I remember from a few years ago that posted a drone video taken at a National Park in Spain. Apparently the local authorities came after him after seeing the upload. Not sure if this is BS.

Well, there's this guy who flew close to landing planes at Tel Aviv. He got reported by youtubers and they got him big time.

Well, there's this guy who flew close to landing planes at Tel Aviv. He got reported by youtubers and they got him big time.
In regards to this instance, I'm sure that the agencies involved dedicated resources to tracking him down. Filming an airport in the Middle East is a recipe for disaster. One of the instances I was citing above was where a Yellowstone Park Ranger actually called the YouTube poster, so he says.

Thats a bummer but i would think very carefully about posting it. Especially since youve posted this tread! Once posted to the internet it will always be out there!

Reactions: lrsn
I think posting here is ok since its a private forum. Just do youtube unlisted. Its not public but only linkable here i do that witj everything and my videos are all within rules but i dont like public scrutiny

Though it would be nice if they made it so u cant views the pics and videos forum without signing in. A lot of other hobby forums do that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU