DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you get Frame Grabs from Mavic Video on your iPhone?

KiterTodd

Reactions
...I'm not talking about a screen shot, I am talking about a full resolution frame grab from either the file stored on the drone or the reduced resolution one stored on your phone and view-able through the Go4 App.

As discussed previously, there does not seem to be a way to take still pictures while shooting video. Too bad. Sometimes it's tough to choose between video OR stills. (like you are trying to capture an event that won't be repeated).

I know how to import the video to my computer and grab frames, but that is time consuming. With my GoPro, I can use their app and extract beautiful full res still image frame grabs by scrolling to any shot and hitting a button. Works very well.

Is there a way to do this on an iPhone with your Mavic footage?
Was thinking maybe there is a third party app that accesses the Mavic folder on your phone and can pull out frame grabs for you.

Thanks!

I use an app called Video 2 Photo, lets you scroll through the video clip frame by frame then take a still.

I use an app called Video 2 Photo, lets you scroll through the video clip frame by frame then take a still.
Thanks.

I'll buy the app. Looks like you have to save the files to your Camera roll in the DJI App, and then import them to this app?

Still open to suggestions if anyone else has apps they like! It's too bad the GoPro app only works with it's own videos. (I checked... it ignores all non-GP videos in my folder)

Was thinking maybe there is a third party app that accesses the Mavic folder on your phone and can pull out frame grabs for you.
Keep in mind you'll want to transfer the high-resolution video from the Mavic to your phone first, not just rely on the cached video that's already on your phone. You can do this wirelessly now, but it can take a few minutes.

Reactions: darren6270
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580