DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you see the Goggles Screen Clearly Without Extra Glasses

Can you see the screen clearly without reading glasses?

• Yes (without glasses)

• Yes (With my normal glasses)

• No (need a special pair of glasses)

• No (Need glasses and my vision is 20/20 or better)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robbyg

Reactions
I have been wondering how many people can really see the screen without visual aid. Please vote so we can see if DJI got it right or messed up the design.

Thanks
Rob

If your answer is yes without glasses it would be interesting to know how young you are.

Rob

It’s very surprising actually. I’m incredibly nearsighted to the point I can’t read text on my phone if it’s more than a foot from my face. But I can take the glasses off and see the screens in the Goggles clearly despite the appearance of being further away than a foot.

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
It’s very surprising actually. I’m incredibly nearsighted to the point I can’t read text on my phone if it’s more than a foot from my face. But I can take the glasses off and see the screens in the Goggles clearly despite the appearance of being further away than a foot.

I would think being incredibly nearsighted is a benefit.
I don't buy into the 11" distance that some people have stated, I may be wrong but to me the goggle screens appear to be exactly as close as they physically appear to be, which is about 3". Cyberpower look at your phone screen from 3" away and I bet that it is also very clear. Let me know.

Rob

Without glasses, 35.

3 friends of mine below 40 have theirs and same, perfectly fine without glasses.

Between us we also handed them to probably 10 other people including older guys and I think only one complained that it was a little blurry.

IMO if anything DJI have just been expecting their buyers for such a product would be 90% of youngsters.

Last edited:
Had to buy a special set of prescription readers to see the screen (60). So have to switch glasses for taking off and landing without the goggles vs flying with goggles using special readers.

I would think being incredibly nearsighted is a benefit.
I don't buy into the 11" distance that some people have stated, I may be wrong but to me the goggle screens appear to be exactly as close as they physically appear to be, which is about 3". Cyberpower look at your phone screen from 3" away and I bet that it is also very clear. Let me know.

Rob
To me I perceive the screen to be 3m away. At least from my perspective.

Yeop, I need 4.50 readers with mine. I know, those are powerful, but at 53, they do the job. I wear regular prescription glasses for everything else.

@Robbyg They are definitely more than 3" away. I'm short sighted (-1.25/-1.50) and can see the screen without my glasses but 5" or lower and more than 12" is just a blur.

@Robbyg They are definitely more than 3" away. I'm short sighted (-1.25/-1.50) and can see the screen without my glasses but 5" or lower and more than 12" is just a blur.

I have to admit I am confused. I use an iphone 5S for work because I like the size. I have taken a ruler and looked at it from 10 and 11" and the screen is razor sharp without glasses. Yet the goggles are slightly blurry.

If I move the goggles about 1" further away from my face they come into sharp focus without glasses.
I also tried looking 3" from my phone and it looks exactly like the goggles and the 1.5 glasses fix the problem just like they fix the goggles.

Rob

56 and had to get a single lens prescription for a focal distance of 11"
Kinda of a pain but now usable.
Wishing I was in my 30's again but then my kids would be taking all my money again and I couldn't afford this hobby [emoji106]

Reactions: Droner88 and Robbyg
I find it a bit blurry unless I move it away from my face a little. But I just ordered reading glasses today so I will see how they look when my new glasses come in.

I'm 42, and I can use it without my glasses, but I have to get the IPD just right. They are definitely at my absolute minimum focusing distance. I predict that in less than a year I may need glasses with them...

Whoever designed them to focus so close was clearly blind!

PS. I am short sighted and am used to being able to focus on the end of my nose almost! But I can feel age taking it's toll on my close up vision.

Rob

Last edited:
I'm 42, and I can use it without my glasses, but I have to get the IPD just right. They are definitely at my absolute minimum focusing distance. I predict that in less than a year I may need glasses with them...

Whoever designed them to focus so close was clearly blind!

PS. I am short sighted and am used to being able to focus on the end of my nose almost! But I can feel age taking it's toll on my close up vision.

Rob

Yep that magic age of 40 seems to truly be the age when the eyes start to go.

Rob

I'm 63 with mild presbyopia (old eyes). Don't use glasses for reading or computer work. I've had to use some correction for any goggle and the DJI goggles.

I have taken a pair of cheap 2+ readers, removed the earpieces and Velcro'd the bridge of the glasses to the goggles. It doesn't look all that cool - If I get motivated I will make a 3D printed frame, but it works fine and keeps me from having to pull the glasses off when I pop the helmet up.

I imagine that version 2 of the helmet will have a space for corrective lenses. It really is a remarkable oversight. Even young people have visual problems. It's not just us old guys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett