DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you unlock geofencing with the SC?

bburnett15

Reactions
I have been using the SC to fly my M2P. Now that i need to unlock a geofenced area (approved by both FAA and DJI) i find that unlocking is nowhere to be found on that controller. Can Anyone with any experience with this shed some light on it? Thanks!

Unlocking on the SC is the same as with the standard RC. For self-unlocking the SC requires a connection to the internet (e.g. hotspot to a mobile phone). Youtube has plenty of tutorials.

Reactions: RMuntan and GFields
Thanks! Im looking into it now. My biggest problem was every video and instruction ive received says “go to general settings and select ’unlock geofence’”
my SC does not offer any selections that have anything to do with “unlocking” anything or doing anything re: geofencinJUST LOADED AN UPDATE AND Geofence is there- Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: bburnett15
I think you need the drone connected, and go into the DJI Fly or DJI Go app settings (whichever you use to fly).

Thanks! Im looking into it now. My biggest problem was every video and instruction ive received says “go to general settings and select ’unlock geofence’”
my SC does not offer any selections that have anything to do with “unlocking” anything or doing anything re: geofencinJUST LOADED AN UPDATE AND Geofence is there- Thanks!
The drone has to be connectet with the SC. Unlocking is done within the DJI Fly or DJI Go 4 app. Attached the example of the DJI Fly app (sorry, but it is in german...).

Attachments

• IMG_2777.PNG
    IMG_2777.PNG
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Yes. It didnt need to be hard-wired which i thought was what DJI was telling me to do in their video.
my problem was my SC had no sign of geofences or unlocking anywhere in the settings. Fortunately an update was required and after that, i was able to complete the geofencing unlock task.
thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR