DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you upload 4k video to google drive without losing quality?

black_magic100

Reactions
The internet is not really giving me a solid answer, but it looks like google drive converts 4k to 1080 and then converts it back?

Okay I think I actually figured out the answer to my question after a bit more of research. You can upload to 4k, but you have to change your settings to original quality.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit. Google drive seems like a good solution to provide someone download access to a 4k video file if the original quality is kept.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit. Google drive seems like a good solution to provide someone download access to a 4k video file if the original quality is kept.
Yea I was freaking out because my laptop only has a 128gb SSD with 70GB free space. I looked up my google drive and I have 115gb of free space and I believe I can add 100gb for $2 monthly. Should be plenty for my cancun trip! Just make sure you go into settings and change your settings to "original quality" or it will compress it to 1080!!!

Okay I think I actually figured out the answer to my question after a bit more of research. You can upload to 4k, but you have to change your settings to original quality.
Why don't you consider buying your own personal home cloud Western digital. I have it I use it and it and I have everything stored at home

Reactions: Howard70
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters