DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Canada] Experience with SFOC application (tourist)?

Henfri

Reactions
Hello,

unfortunately, as non Canadian citizen one cannot conduct the basic test and register the drone, but instead, one must apply for a special permit (SFOC).
It appears, that this permit/process is the same as for flying in controlled air space or close to military bases... Does not sound promising...

Also, one needs to be allowed to operate the drone in the home country. I am. But it's not easy to prove, because the documents I have about that are not english or french...

Does anyone have experience with this process and share this/give advice?

Regards,
Hendrik

Hello,

Before sending my SFOC application, I called them and they told me, I should get a reply with a checklist once I have sent in my form. But I have not yet received any reaction from transport canada.
When trying to reach them now, I only get an answer machine (which is full...)

Any Ideas?

Three weeks till the holidays :-(

Greetings,
Hendrik

Hello,

here my status.
So, 3rd of July I received a check-list to be filled out. I sent it in immediately. Today I got a reply asking for a proof of conducted training. Unfortunately, they only accept an Canadian training -although I am sure I read somewhere that an eqivalent training is acceptable.

I only found very expensive trainings and the 15$ test for the Basic Operation cannot be accessed as a non citizen.

I have everything. But, just because there's not way I can show that I am qualified, I cannot fly. That's annoying. And in the end, the test exists. I just cannot access it.

:-(

Greetings,
Hendrik

Hello,

here my status.
So, 3rd of July I received a check-list to be filled out. I sent it in immediately. Today I got a reply asking for a proof of conducted training. Unfortunately, they only accept an Canadian training -although I am sure I read somewhere that an eqivalent training is acceptable.

I only found very expensive trainings and the 15$ test for the Basic Operation cannot be accessed as a non citizen.

I have everything. But, just because there's not way I can show that I am qualified, I cannot fly. That's annoying. And in the end, the test exists. I just cannot access it.

:-(

Greetings,
Hendrik

Hey? Did anything change? I also applied and got the checklist, the only thing missing would be that darn certification

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N