DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canada: Proposed Commercial Rules published

Thanks for sharing this Alan! Very interesting read. The first question that came to mind for me was how much do our cousin Phantoms weigh? For us MP pilots, we seem to get off pretty lightly - liability insurance and licensing being the most notable additions. I am disappointed that they seem to holding onto the 3 nm from airports. I was hoping that they would be more practical and use the US approach or a graduated NFZ. By graduated, I mean vary the max ceiling based on distance from the airport like a 'hard' NFZ for 1km off the ends of runways, 100' max within 2 km, and 200' at 3km, then the 300 max at 5km.

Thanks for sharing this Alan! Very interesting read. The first question that came to mind for me was how much do our cousin Phantoms weigh? For us MP pilots, we seem to get off pretty lightly - liability insurance and licensing being the most notable additions. I am disappointed that they seem to holding onto the 3 nm from airports. I was hoping that they would be more practical and use the US approach or a graduated NFZ. By graduated, I mean vary the max ceiling based on distance from the airport like a 'hard' NFZ for 1km off the ends of runways, 100' max within 2 km, and 200' at 3km, then the 300 max at 5km.

P4P is 1.4 Kg. I have one of those too...

1 Kg is a ridiculous division however.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair