DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Canada's Newest Navy Ship

Drone video of HMCS Harry DeWolf. The Canadian Navy’s newest ship to Prince Rupert. She stoped by during her shakedown cruise to say hello.

I know some people who would have tried to land on the helipad. Unless you want your drone taken away and tighter drone restrictions, I don't recommend it (I only included that part to remove the possibility of being accused of suggesting this to someone). Anyway, stunning footage! Let me know how you installed your skills. I need to download them. Lol!

Reactions: blackomega
I would agree about getting as close as you did, but I don't know what Canadian law is.
Here in the US,
"According to the FAA, drone operators must maintain a distance of at least 3,000 feet laterally and 1,000 feet vertically from these vessels. ... Violations of the restriction could result in interference, disruption, seizure, damage or destruction of these drones."
Great looking footage and ship!

Nice ship. What does Canada do with these types of vessels?

Reactions: blackomega
I know some people who would have tried to land on the helipad. Unless you want your drone taken away and tighter drone restrictions, I don't recommend it (I only included that part to remove the possibility of being accused of suggesting this to someone). Anyway, stunning footage! Let me know how you installed your skills. I need to download them. Lol!
Thank you very much for watching. Landing on the helipad is every drone pilots dream but will power prevailed and i did not make a landing attempt. For the skills, its simply practice practice on the sticks.

I would agree about getting as close as you did, but I don't know what Canadian law is.
Here in the US,
"According to the FAA, drone operators must maintain a distance of at least 3,000 feet laterally and 1,000 feet vertically from these vessels. ... Violations of the restriction could result in interference, disruption, seizure, damage or destruction of these drones."
Great looking footage and ship!
The rules in canada are not as restrictive as that but i would respect that in the states. My advanced license allows me to get as close as 5 meters to people but I would never get that close. I even used some digital zoom in this video. Drone Safety is important to me.

All that regardless thanks for watching my video.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Newest ship, already has rust on her. Back in my Navy days if our Captain saw rust he would freak out
Well it is a shakedown cruise I’m sure that will get addressed in short order when she gets back to port

Thanks for watching

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme