DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian flying in US

lildrewzy

Reactions
I have had my Mavic Air for almost a month now and I am planning to fly it in the US, Washington State for this weekend.
I already registered with FAA and read up on some rules and regulations.

I am just wondering other than not flying in state parks over public places are there any other rules I should consider as a "foreigner".

My family is next to a lake and I'd love to get some aerial shots as well as film myself kayaking. I don't know if that would be a problem.
The lake is Lake Sammamish and I'll be close to the Bellevue area.
Thanks.

I already registered with FAA and read up on some rules and regulations.

I am just wondering other than not flying in state parks over public places are there any other rules I should consider as a "foreigner".

Install the B4UFly app from the FAA and check that before you flights. It's not perfect, but it is generally better than DJI's data.

B4UFLY Mobile App

There's also a link on that page for "Where to Fly" that you should check out as well:

Where to Fly

Reactions: lildrewzy
Install the B4UFly app from the FAA and check that before you flights. It's not perfect, but it is generally better than DJI's data.

B4UFLY Mobile App

There's also a link on that page for "Where to Fly" that you should check out as well:

Where to Fly

Thanks. Yeah I already downloaded the app per the FAA recommendation.
Has anyone have experience flying in lakes that have seaplanes landing and taking off from them.
According to the app it is not a no fly zone just a yellow (cautious) zone.
Hope everything is good other wise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus