DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cancelled our trip to Costa Rica

adventurecampitelli

Reactions
Sadly we had to cancel our Costa Rica trip planned for March 25th. 2020. Covid 19 is the reason for the cancellation. Staying home in quarantine to help prevent the spread of the virus is the only option now. Stay safe everyone and we'll be able to travel one day again.

Sadly we had to cancel our Costa Rica trip planned for March 25th. 2020. Covid 19 is the reason for the cancellation. Staying home in quarantine to help prevent the spread of the virus is the only option now. Stay safe everyone and we'll be able to travel one day again.

Don’t have a marketed channel... just one with vids for folks to see on drone topics.
But we also had to adjust. Just cancelled airline tickets to Houston, Singapore, and Lankgowi.

Reactions: adventurecampitelli
Cancelled an entire dive tour I was leading to Papua New Guinea. Just have to sit this out!! Be safe.

Reactions: adventurecampitelli
Trip to Peru is no more for us, wife spent 4 hours waiting on the phone with Delta trying to cancel our tickets until she gave up
For what it's worth- I am a subscriber to FlyerTalk.com and the moderator there gave me a great hint that I was able to use successfully. Here it is. Be prepared for what you ask for before the call to the airlines to cancel. There is the "big Ask," and the "small ask." The big ask, which will probably be refused, is for a full refund. Then follow up POLITELY with "the small ask. " Usually the airline will give you a voucher for future flight that is 6 months from the time you first booked. That is not acceptable. Ask nicely if they will be so kind as to EXTEND the voucher for 6 months or even 12 months because of the virus. II've just canceled two flights. One was a photography trip to Arizona/Utah for drone/timelapse, and one was a canceled wedding. In both cases I was able to get the airlines to EXTEND the voucher. Hope this helps for those who have not yet called their trips off.

Trip to Peru is no more for us, wife spent 4 hours waiting on the phone with Delta trying to cancel our tickets until she gave up
Go online, either their website or download their flydelta app. Choose manage my flight and then cancel it. They hit me with a cancelation fee when I did this, but I sent them a complaint msg and got an email back about a week later saying they would credit my entire flight cost towards a future one. Their phone lines are crazy busy and I imagine their call centers are understaffed with trying to maintain social distancing. Email support can be done from home.

Reactions: hashfly
For what it's worth- I am a subscriber to FlyerTalk.com and the moderator there gave me a great hint that I was able to use successfully. Here it is. Be prepared for what you ask for before the call to the airlines to cancel. There is the "big Ask," and the "small ask." The big ask, which will probably be refused, is for a full refund. Then follow up POLITELY with "the small ask. " Usually the airline will give you a voucher for future flight that is 6 months from the time you first booked. That is not acceptable. Ask nicely if they will be so kind as to EXTEND the voucher for 6 months or even 12 months because of the virus. II've just canceled two flights. One was a photography trip to Arizona/Utah for drone/timelapse, and one was a canceled wedding. In both cases I was able to get the airlines to EXTEND the voucher. Hope this helps for those who have not yet called their trips off.
Good advice @Dale D
I’d add one more... ask for a refund. I was successful doing it this way for Southwest, Singapore, and Malaysian Airlines. They didn’t refund early boarding fees, but that was minor and my CC balances loved it.

Good advice @Dale D
I’d add one more... ask for a refund. I was successful doing it this way for Southwest, Singapore, and Malaysian Airlines. They didn’t refund early boarding fees, but that was minor and my CC balances loved it.
The first thing I did was ask for a refund- they said no because the flight was booked before the coronavirus warnings. So the next best thing I could get from American Airlines was an extension. It helped, I think, that I am an Executive Elite card holder ($450 yearly for lounge access, boarding, bag allowance, etc.). I have the number to the Platinum Desk and rarely if ever wait more than a few minutes in peak hours.

Reactions: Thomas B
The first thing I did was ask for a refund- they said no because the flight was booked before the coronavirus warnings. So the next best thing I could get from American Airlines was an extension. It helped, I think, that I am an Executive Elite card holder ($450 yearly for lounge access, boarding, bag allowance, etc.). I have the number to the Platinum Desk and rarely if ever wait more than a few minutes in peak hours.
Sorry to hear they treated a VIP in such a manner. Personally think their excuse is lame. Anyway, hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Yes it sucks. It took forever to get through to the airlines, AirBnb, etc. One day life will be normal again, but what will the new normal look like is the question.

Reactions: hashfly
thanks for the advice. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu