DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot calibrate remote control

Sky Captain

Reactions
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully calibrated the rc? When I try, it times out after a few minutes. I never get to click on finish, even though I have moved the sticks in all directions until the borders become solid lines. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Did you install firmware version 1.2.9 and the latest version of DJI GO?

Here's an example showing how it should work:

Thank you so much msinger!

Were you able to get it to work?

Yes, I was doing it wrong. I didn't move the gimbal wheel at the end

Hi Msinger, I saw your video. Basically when I have completed the two square and obtain the 100% with blue perimeter then move onto the gimbal, the line underneath the square . I am okay up to there. What I don't have is "tap to finish", I only see done, so I have done this 3 times and nothing happens. I am using S7, latest phone firmware. latest drone firmware. I have still to complete the IMU for the compass, is it that the IMU for the drone itself has to be fully completed before doing the remote controller? Is this why I don't see "tap to finish"? Any help appreciated.

Reactions: edrwalker
You cannot finish the calibration process until you calibrate the left wheel. Move it back and forth as far as it'll go.

Hello,

I have a brand new Mavic Pro.
In his maiden flight, today, after i connected the drone, a remote control calibration error appeared.
Ive calibrated the remote 6 or 7 times, with no effect; the error "right stick remains" - i made a youtube vid - plz see link -

Only one stick moves (the right one, the one with the error) so the calibration times out... [size=14.6667px]What I don't have is "tap to finish"
Ive saw several videos, tried everything.

Any help ?

Cant wait to fly my new bird, and this is very dissapointing...

Thanks,

Nuno

Update: contacted the DJI supp on line.
Told me to restart the remote.
So i did.
Problem persisted.
downgraded remote controller version via dji assistant; problem remains.
Anyone ?

Hi Msinger, I saw your video. Basically when I have completed the two square and obtain the 100% with blue perimeter then move onto the gimbal, the line underneath the square . I am okay up to there. What I don't have is "tap to finish", I only see done, so I have done this 3 times and nothing happens. I am using S7, latest phone firmware. latest drone firmware. I have still to complete the IMU for the compass, is it that the IMU for the drone itself has to be fully completed before doing the remote controller? Is this why I don't see "tap to finish"? Any help appreciated.

I have exactly the same phone and problem. The 'Finish' button does not appear.

Try both sticks at the same time. And watch for the prompt for the wheel when both are done should get tap to finish then.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Have u read the message or seen the video ive posted ?
Left stick doesent work; right stick wont finish calibration.
I got error stick message.
As in the manual ...

Have u read the message or seen the video ive posted ?
Left stick doesent work; right stick wont finish calibration.
I got error stick message.
As in the manual ...
Did you get this issue resovled? I also have the same problem.

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully calibrated the rc? When I try, it times out after a few minutes. I never get to click on finish, even though I have moved the sticks in all directions until the borders become solid lines. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I had that problem. After 5 or 6 tries I succeeded. Felt like I was playing a video game stacked against me.

Once I started doing it and couldn't finish I was afraid that the controller would be really badly "tuned" so I kept at it until I succeeded.

@msinger 's post that updated firmware and GO should resolve it is encouraging.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98