DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot fly after DJI GO app update

Patrick 1949

Reactions
Prior to updating my DJI GO app yesterday, I had no problems flying in my area. It would ask me if I accepted responsibility to fly in zone D, I would click yes, and then it flew. I fly under 100 feet in this zone. Now all I get is a cannot fly error message. Is there any way to downgrade my DJI GO app to get back to where I was before? I cannot even fly in my yard now.

Best to have stayed where you were. If it works why bother updating. Im still on .700 for the MP. There are ways to downgrade, or even remove all the nags completely depending on how good you are with a pc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul2660
Bronze661,
Yes, I need to downgrade. Can I do it. Somebody said the firm ware is inside the AC and cannot be erased. If can, Can teach me. Thanks.

Bronze661,
Yes, I need to downgrade. Can I do it. Somebody said the firm ware is inside the AC and cannot be erased. If can, Can teach me. Thanks.
If you have updated to the recent firmwares then you must root the mp then roll back fw to .700 (or earlier) .700 works well for me, then delete the file with the nfz info. File 9xx i cant remember offhand.

You could look for an old version of the go app, but i think the nfz data is stored on the mp.

Just do that and get rid of the constant dji nannying.

He did mention updating the Go app, not just the AC firmware.
If Android, You could uninstall Go and obtain an older version from an APK cache site.
However the issue you mentioned would also involve the firmware.

Reactions: Drgnfli and ecutech
Prior to updating my DJI GO app yesterday, I had no problems flying in my area. It would ask me if I accepted responsibility to fly in zone D, I would click yes, and then it flew. I fly under 100 feet in this zone. Now all I get is a cannot fly error message. Is there any way to downgrade my DJI GO app to get back to where I was before? I cannot even fly in my yard now.
You do not say whether you are talking about Android or iOS.

What's DJI assistant got to do with his DJI Go installation???????

I was more explaining about how to get rid of the constant dji hand holding

Best procedure on any device (computers, smartphones, devices) is to NOT ever upgrade if the device is working for you. Upgrades are really just spyware against you. If it works, why the hell fix it?

Reactions: Drgnfli and RC60
This is what i say to everyone. If it works, ignore the nag to upgrade. Having the shiny new version is never really a good idea, yet people always seem to rush to upgrade anything to the newest firmware. This was the biggest reason why i rooted my mp. Sick and tired of all the dji nannying and nagging all the time. Its like having 2 wives. One in each ear constantly
Best procedure on any device (computers, smartphones, devices) is to NOT ever upgrade if the device is working for you. Upgrades are really just spyware against you. If it works, why the hell fix it?

• Haha
Reactions: Drgnfli and RC60
This is what i say to everyone. If it works, ignore the nag to upgrade. Having the shiny new version is never really a good idea, yet people always seem to rush to upgrade anything to the newest firmware. This was the biggest reason why i rooted my mp. Sick and tired of all the dji nannying and nagging all the time. Its like having 2 wives. One in each ear constantly
Yeah. True. Problem is, I also own a little Chrome laptop (Dell) that cannot be upgraded because of lack of space for upgrade (why would they build it like that??). Yet the upgrade prompts from MSoft always come and can't be stopped. My iPhone 6 always demands upgrades, which I daily ignore.

Build like that so you buy a new one. Samsung recently admitted it updated certain older phones that actually made them slower, to get you to buy a newer model of course.
Look how big the MP firmware has got since it was released. New features added yes, but most of the changelog notes are for small things, yet the firmware size has grown exponentially.
I think this has something to do with the fly aways you sometimes hear about. It must load the cpu with extra bloatware until it flips out and gives up. Im staying on 700 fw.

Reactions: Drgnfli
yesterday I sorted the mavic pro (my thread mavic pro restricted weirdly ) by updating the go 4 app which really involved updates to fly safe which assume is going to restrict me in more areas ! .
the MP and the Iphone 6 I use exclusively with it have not been linked to the internet the Iphone does not have a sim card in it , I bought it just to use the dji app , it is in aeroplane mode and wifi off yet my MP was restricted until I loaded the updates , so HOW was it restricted ?
before the restricted flight the MP and phone where sat in a briefcase type case all turned off for several weeks

Is the Iphone still linking to the internet through my home router or can this be done via GPS ??

now its working properly again it's a great bit of kit but this big brother stuff really hits a nerve

What is "Zone D"? Is it Class D airspace?

There is a process (and it's fairly easy most times) to get authorization to fly in a Controlled Airspace. As of July even Recreational Operators are required by law to request approval to fly in Controlled Airspace.

1) Go to an approved App and submit for LAANC approval in the exact location you're wanting to fly in.
2) Once you have that approval (I'm assuming you are granted that) you then go to Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI and submit for either a Self Unlock or a Custom Unlock depending on exactly which area you're trying to fly in.

• If #1 and #2 work you are good to go.
  • If #1 is not approved then LEGALLY you can't fly even at 1' AGL
  • If #1 is approved and #2 gives you problems you will just have to wait for DJI to get the approval back to you.

I've yet to NOT be able to get one approved by DJI but sometimes it takes a day or two depending on the location of the request and the complexity of my request.

What is "Zone D"? Is it Class D airspace?

There is a process (and it's fairly easy most times) to get authorization to fly in a Controlled Airspace. As of July even Recreational Operators are required by law to request approval to fly in Controlled Airspace.

1) Go to an approved App and submit for LAANC approval in the exact location you're wanting to fly in.
2) Once you have that approval (I'm assuming you are granted that) you then go to Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI and submit for either a Self Unlock or a Custom Unlock depending on exactly which area you're trying to fly in.

• If #1 and #2 work you are good to go.
  • If #1 is not approved then LEGALLY you can't fly even at 1' AGL
  • If #1 is approved and #2 gives you problems you will just have to wait for DJI to get the approval back to you.

I've yet to NOT be able to get one approved by DJI but sometimes it takes a day or two depending on the location of the request and the complexity of my request.
Thank you! I thought that the Forum was there to help pilots, and not be sarcastic and condescending. You are the first person to actually give me the answer to my question. I signed up for Kittyhawk yesterday, and followed the steps, and now i can fly again! it was very simple to do. Originally, according to DGI go 4, I was in the middle of the D Zone, and the motors on my drone would not even start. But I am actually right on the edge of a D zone as per Kittyhawk, so I did not have to ask for permission to fly. I was allowed to fly for the first time since the upgrade.

Thank you!
You're welcome. I get lucky and hit the nail on the head once in a whole. LOL

I thought that the Forum was there to help pilots, and not be sarcastic and condescending. You are the first person to actually give me the answer to my question.
I want to personally apologize for our members who have responded with sarcasm and snarkiness. Sometimes we get derailed and go Off Topic. Again I do apologize on behalf of our forum. We're normally better than this.

I signed up for Kittyhawk yesterday, and followed the steps, and now i can fly again! it was very simple to do. Originally, according to DGI go 4, I was in the middle of the D Zone, and the motors on my drone would not even start. But I am actually right on the edge of a D zone as per Kittyhawk, so I did not have to ask for permission to fly. I was allowed to fly for the first time since the upgrade.

Outstanding. Very well done. Hopefully you'll be able to utilize this method going forward to allow you to fly safely and legally.

Allen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143