DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot get firmware list when on DJI asst2 beta 112 (shows as Little Pilot)

Pointbob

Reactions
Hi All

When I connect my mavic pro to my windows 10 PC (via oem usb cable) and run Dji asst 2 beta 112 I cannot get firmware list and also it shows I'm connected as "Little Pilot". I'm on fw 1.03.700 stock.

By the way...we connect the mavic drone to the pc right? not the controller??

Any help appreciated as to why I cannot see any of my firwares? ALso why does it not show as MAvic but instead Little Pilot....

Pics attached

Attachments

• 2018-01-07_130917.jpg
    2018-01-07_130917.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14
  • 2018-01-07_130850.jpg
    2018-01-07_130850.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Just for the hell of it...right click and choose "run as administrator" when opening Assistant if your OS is Windows.

Because that Assistant version is too old and doesn't yet support the Mavic correctly.

Because that Assistant version is too old and doesn't yet support the Mavic correctly.
How did you pick up on that just from the pics? For my own FYI

Firstly not from the pics but just becasue I know that version doesn't have explicit Mavic support, and more generically the "device" icon with the "internal" product name is what always appears when you connect a new product to an assistant version that doesn't yet know about it.

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
Firstly not from the pics but just becasue I know that version doesn't have explicit Mavic support, and more generically the "device" icon with the "internal" product name is what always appears when you connect a new product to an assistant version that doesn't yet know about it.
Ah...thanks for the info!

Thanks ...yes I'm running dji asst 2 beta 112, It's not installed as an application but runnable from the folder I downloaded from another link.

I tried run as administrator and still no joy.

So what do I do now to be able to modify some of the flight parameters. I'm assuming I need to see my previous firmwares on Assistant (which I still cannot even as running as administrator) ...As I understand it...developer/mod options have been removed from more up to date versions of dji assistant.

And thanks for patience guys..I'm a bit new at this. Thank you!

Hey breakthru!! I download the application and installed that - seems i was missing some driver files....here's some current pics.. Will I be able to still do mods with this dji asst version? It says DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2-2 (also when i run the other beta 112 version it still shows little pilot/no fw updates)

Attachments

• 751.jpg
    751.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 657.jpg
    657.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
It's not installed as an application but runnable from the folder I downloaded from another link
Not sure I follow you here...but it seems very non-standard. Why not just install it via the installation package and be done with it?

Hey breakthru!! I download the application and installed that - seems i was missing some driver files....here's some current pics..
Yeah, probably the USB drivers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica