DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot link Mavic 2 Pro to Smart Controller after firmware update

jeff1830

Reactions
I just (finally) updated my DJI Smart Controller to the most current firmware and updated the aircraft (plus all 5 batteries) to most current firmware but now, no matter how I do it, the aircraft will not link to the controller.

Any suggestions or some bug out there I don't know about? Thanks!

You tried relinking? With the smart controller when you open the application you should have that option to connect to her unit. I would start with relinking. If that does not work, I would reset my smart controller.

Reactions: jeff1830
Firmware update are both current on both aircraft and Smart Controller. I just did that successfully yesterday. Now, no matter which method I try, the Mavic 2 will not link to the Smart Controller. I've read that sometimes you may need to 're-activate' the drone as you do when you first purchase it but I cannot find the interface to do that.

Yes. Search through settings feature. I’m not 100% sure what sub menu, but is normally within the system area or about. Would be system reset or along that line. I’m not in front of my unit. I’m sorry. It won’t be right in the open.

Relink button is on the other side from the SD memory card slot cover. The opening with the . little black button. That’s link

Reactions: jeff1830
Relink button is on the other side from the SD memory card slot cover. The opening with the . little black button. That’s link
Thank you Shivers. Yes, I've got the relink button down. I've been flying drones for a long time but have never had this level of frustration. Going to call DJI in the morning but I'm most certain they are going to tell me to revert to original firmware on both bird and box and try it again...

Sorry...my guess is it will need some reset. Keep us posted.

Well, I just reverted the "Smart" controller to one firmware version before the most recent. I left the drone alone and it linked up like it's supposed to. I'll do a flight test in the morning. Thanks again for taking a look at this!

Well, I just reverted the "Smart" controller to one firmware version before the most recent. I left the drone alone and it linked up like it's supposed to. I'll do a flight test in the morning. Thanks again for taking a look at this!
No problems! Don’t forget to hit the like button when someone helps, or aids... if you remember. Please keep me posted. A firmware change should not have locked you out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3