DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot move the gimble left/right or up/down

aleksandar069

Reactions
Hi guys!

Recently I had some firmware issue and I was unable to change the focus of my camera setting (stuck at 'manual', more likely fixed at one point, unable to change the focus manually neither) and also aperture was stuck at f3.2. Anyway, I refreshed the firmware, everything went smooth, but now my gimbal is not moving. I mean, when I power-up the drone, the gimbal (camera) is doing it's job, rotating left/right, the usual thing, and comes to it's normal position as it should be, but when I try to lower the camera angle from my remote controller using the wheel on the left side, nothing is happening, neither when I try to move the camera angle by touching and holding on the DJI GO4 app. It's not showing any errors, and in the DJI GO4 app the Gimbal status is showing "normal".
I also tried the auto-gimbal calibration, but when I click, nothing is happening unfortunately. The drone was on the latest version .0670 and I even tried with downgrading the firmware to .0300, and still the same issue. I even tried with downgrading the remote controller to the lowest version available to match with the version of the drone, and still without success.
The gimbal before I was able to fix the focus and aperture issue was moving left/right & up/down just fine.
It can fly normally, but again, the camera is facing forward non stop. Also when I try to take the drone in my hands and rotate it slowly to see what will happen with the gimbal, it's following just as normal, and I also tried pushing the gimbal slightly down, and when I release the "push" it comes back to it's main position.
The drone didn't crashed.
Did anyone had similar issue who might help me out?

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Did you use the search option to see if this problem has been discussed?

Sometimes you can get your answer faster then waiting for someone that might have that problem read your post.

One way or another, I hope you find what is causing the problem,

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Did you use the search option to see if this problem has been discussed?

Sometimes you can get your answer faster then waiting for someone that might have that problem read your post.

One way or another, I hope you find what is causing the problem,
I couldn't find any similar issues :/

I am not sure if the gimbal control dial is included in the calibration process for the remote control but it might be worth having a look to see if it is and if it is seeing it it responds as intended.

Re "neither when I try to move the camera angle by touching and holding on the DJI GO4 app" just in case you literally mean 'touch and hold', did you slide your finger about the screen whilst it was in continuous contact with the screen? Did the screen respond in anyway to either the prolonged contact and or any movement of your finger?

I am not sure if the gimbal control dial is included in the calibration process for the remote control but it might be worth having a look to see if it is and if it is seeing it it responds as intended.

Re "neither when I try to move the camera angle by touching and holding on the DJI GO4 app" just in case you literally mean 'touch and hold', did you slide your finger about the screen whilst it was in continuous contact with the screen? Did the screen respond in anyway to either the prolonged contact and or any movement of your finger?
Yes, I tried with the sliding, I know how it's working, but still nothing.

Like, this is strange issue I think.
Camera is working fine, but I cannot move the gimbal. When I physically rotate the drone, the gimbal it's following my movements and keeping the main position straight, just as it should be.

Yes, I tried with the sliding, I know how it's working, but still nothing.
And what about checking the dial in the controller calibration?
One completely weird thought, do you have any customisable button on the controller set to move the gimbal up or down to 90 deg or 0 deg, if so could it be stuck?
Have you tried another controller?

And what about checking the dial in the controller calibration?
One completely weird thought, do you have any customisable button on the controller set to move the gimbal up or down to 90 deg or 0 deg, if so could it be stuck?
Have you tried another controller?
I tried the RC calibration too, but same, gimbal same position.

Any chance the gimbal mode has changed between Follow and FPV?

I had a similar issue a while back when I couldn’t control the gimbal from the left wheel. The gimbal still did its start-up dance. Re-flashing the firmware fixed it in my case and the issue hasn’t returned.

Nope
Any chance the gimbal mode has changed between Follow and FPV?

I had a similar issue a while back when I couldn’t control the gimbal from the left wheel. The gimbal still did its start-up dance. Re-flashing the firmware fixed it in my case and the issue hasn’t returned.
Nope, I checked the FPV/Follow gimbal mode too and still nothing

When you tried the controller calibration did the indicator for the gimbal dial respond as it should and are you sure you went through the calibration process rather than just checking the responses? I ask because the first time I tried it with a Phantom I merely went through checking rather than calibration. i.e.did you see something like the message in the screen capture below and did you get the full blue bar in both directions as shown?

What is the gimbal speed set to? I have just tried "1" and it is VERY SLOW.

Assuming you can start the motors, can you connect everything and switch it all on then start the motors with the CSC and leave them lidling (take the props off if you are worried about it taking off). Then slowly fiddle with the gimbal dial and try and drag the gimbal about via "touch and slide" on the screen. Then stop the motors, switch the drone off, switch the controller off and post the txt flight log on here?

Attachments

• controller calibration.png
    controller calibration.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 11
I also checked this as you are showing in the attached image, when I move the left wheel, it's showing on the screen the 'force'.

I also checked this as you are showing in the attached image, when I move the left wheel, it's showing on the screen the 'force'.
Ok, but did you see something like that message as well and what about the gimbal speed, can you check that? Cn you provide the 'flightlog'?

I also tried taking off the gimbal completely and cleaning the connectors from dust and attach back everything, gimbal is starting again normally, but still won't move.
I repeat, when I had the firmware issue, the gimbal was moving, but the focus and aperture of the camera was not working, now the focus and aperture is working, but gimbal is not moving when I move the left wheel on the RC.
I assume that this is a software issue, since no damage has been made previously to the drone and I didn't fly it neither.
This is very, very frustrating.

I was never able to load the LOG in the app since I bought the drone, but it was flying and operating fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_117.jpg
    Screenshot_117.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143