DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot take off - No attitude to IMU error. Seems to be due to SD card?

Johnmcl7

Reactions
I was flying the Mavic 2 Pro this afternoon without issue but made an error when I landed and forgot to stop the camera recording resulting in a corrupt video file. I attempted to power up the M2P at home to let it close the video file but it showed a red error Cannot Take off and when I checked the error it said 'No attitude to IMU error'. The IMU showed normal on the main screen and in the sensors screen it showed as green as well.

What was also strange was that the camera feed would go black and white as if the tablet had disconnected and the drone battery showed as N/A but other parts still seemed to work, it would then cycle back to normal view again. I noticed the SD card status was hanging at initializing' then would change to no SD card and back to initializing which coincided with the display and battery status changing. I tried hooking the drone directly up to a PC but while it appeared as a USB drive (only one, not two) the drive was greyed out like a card reader without a card in it.

Suspicious of these SD faults I removed the SD card and powered the drone back up at which point it worked normally with no error and it took off fine although I've not been able to test any more than that. I connected it to the PC and it correctly showed the internal drone storage. I formatted the SD card in a PC intending to then format it within the drone but now when I inserted the SD card the drone stated there was no SD card inserted so I couldn't format it. I removed it and inserted a different SD card, this time the drone powered up fine, saw the SD card and no IMU error. The original problematic SD card shows fine on the PC.

I've had a search for this error but there's not many occurrences of it and some of the suggestions I've found are that it's a hardware failure on the Mavic. I'll need to test mine in flight tomorrow properly but I'm hoping the fact it's not showing the error when the questionable SD card is removed means the drone is ok.

Has anyone seen an error like this before? I can understand there being an issue with the sd card but I'm surprised it could cause more serious errors and prevent the drone taking off.

I have had a problem with failed recordings on a particular SD card on my P3A. Card was OK on other devices. Cards do go bad where they can't handle video streaming speeds but are fine for file copies.

Strange though it would cause problems for the rest of the AC.

I have also been encountering delayed "can't fly" due to the IMU message you mentioned but it goes away within a minute. Usually occurs on first flight of a session.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun