Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Cannot take off. No gps help!

Hello there,
I just bought a new DJI mavic pro. So it will be the first flight. I did the setup installed the charged battery, connected the phone and the remote.
The problem is on the screen it says cannot take off no gps. I tried to start up indoors and outdoors
Could anyone tell me what is wrong?
Thank you. Screenshot_20170219-002028.jpg Screenshot_20170219-001503.jpg

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com
You need to turn off Beginner Mode in the "Main Controller Settings" section of DJI GO. The motors will not start when it's enabled and there isn't a good GPS connection.

Oke thank you. I tried to turn off beginner mode as well and it says no positioning. This still means that there is no gps? Screenshot_20170219-002347.jpg

Cyberpower678

You need to turn off Beginner Mode in the "Main Controller Settings" section of DJI GO. The motors will not start when it's enabled and there isn't a good GPS connection.
Is there a way to prevent take off without GPS with beginner mode still off?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com
Right. You can see the GPS icon is grayed out in the top center of DJI GO.

Where exactly is your Mavic located? Are you inside of a building?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com
So yes i am in a building. I just wanted to start up the drone before i went out. But because it didn't found the gps. I thought i need to take it outside. So i went outside yesterday in a big open park. Tried to set it up and still didn't find gps.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com
i went outside yesterday in a big open park. Tried to set it up and still didn't find gps.
That's odd. Is your Mavic brand new?

Yes it is brand new.
But If the beginner mode is on, it's not possible to find the gps? Where is the beginner mode for then? I thought it was for noobs like me to fly the first time with the mavic pro just with some basic options, but with gps of course.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com
Beginner Mode does not affect the GPS signal. If you go outside again and the GPS is still grayed out, you should contact the seller or DJI support to get a replacement.

Thank you for ur help. I contacted them. I will go outside once again and try to find gps. U normally have to do nothing right? It should find's its gps by itself isn't it.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Site
www.MavicHelp.com
Thank you guys for your reply's. Today i was trying to figure out what was wrong. It was the gps on my phone. It is working now and i flew with it.
Sorry guys im such a noob.

halley

Loc
Central Honshu, Japan
This makes no sense. The GPS on your phone is only useful for a couple special modes. It's the GPS inside the Mavic that you see counted on the screen.

Now, if you haven't flown in a day or so, it can take a few minutes for GPS satellites to be "acquired" and all the necessary data downloaded. Fly again within a few hours and it's much quicker to re-acquire satellites.

Im a new owner of the mavic as well and i have had similar issues. I live in the country and sometimes mine will connect and sometimes it dont. When it does connect, i cant see anything on the camera at times but then all of a sudden the gps icon shows up with 22 satellites then back to nothing and i loose camera view. I can take it into town and i have no issues. so does this mean my problems are caused by where i am located in the country?

Mako79

Loc
Sydney
Site
www.tyredecals.com
Im a new owner of the mavic as well and i have had similar issues. I live in the country and sometimes mine will connect and sometimes it dont. When it does connect, i cant see anything on the camera at times but then all of a sudden the gps icon shows up with 22 satellites then back to nothing and i loose camera view. I can take it into town and i have no issues. so does this mean my problems are caused by where i am located in the country?
Means you have crap USB cable that is fizzling out on you or a dirty USB port.
Dont cheap out and get a reliable USB DATA cable..

GPS blues.
Noob at work here too.

I have a new Mavic Pro. I can fly it at 5m off the ground in ATTI mode. But no GPS. Ever. I have calibrated the IMU twice - successfully - and the compass each and every flight (18 now)... as per advice from the DJI support site.

I boot it up as per instructions. RC, then Mavic Pro, then app. The RC tells me I have GPS. The moment the app kicks in GPS disappears. I'm using an iPhone 6S. I tried it with a Sony Xperia Z5 premium with the same result.

I'm running out of ideas...

5 metres? I should have bought a step ladder!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guajardoc