DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot Update Firmware

Gabrial

Reactions
Been trying for hours to update my Mavic to the latest firmware and fails over and over again. Tried different phones, tried reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ restarting and reinstalling the app. Tried with the DJI assistant via PC and it fails as well. Is there a trick to this? I'm about to give up...

Last edited:
Been trying for hours to update my Mavic to the latest firmware and fails over and over again. Tried different phones, tried restarting and reinstalling the app. Tried with the DJI assistant via PC and it fails as well. Is there a trick to this? I'm about to give up...
Have you got DJI GO 4 installed on the phone, connect the drone to the dji4 and it should show updates automaticaly and you choose to update them

Since you posted in General Forum, what model?
Assistant is the way to go. Be sure you use the version of Assistant listed for your model.

I have this problem with my MPP, turned out that the laptop connected to my drone was connected on wifi. Used a wired connection and was able to update.

I just spent the whole day on a windows 10 PC trying to get the firmware to update as above uninstalled reinstalled tried and tried 20 or more times.

To cut a very long story short I was successful after fully charging all batteries all controllers all interface iPads. Also uninstalled go 4 apps and reinstalled them. Uninstalled Assistant 2 downloaded the latest and reinstalled it.

Used Assistant 2 on a windows 10 PC first to update/reinstall each controller firmware. Ignore any windows 10 messages saying a drive needs to be fixed. Next used Assistant 2 to update/reinstall each M2P(3 of them) to the latest firmware.

Charged all the batteries again. With a newly installed go 4 app connected to each drone in turn with the same battery and reinstall the latest firmware with success.

Next using the same drone switch batteries and using Assistant 2 reinstall/update the firmware.

The short answer is to uninstall, download and reinstall all software(Assistant2 and DJI go 4 app) use Assistant 2 first on individual pieces of kit before trying using the go 4 app. Ignore any windows 10 drive error messages about LOST.DIR folders.

Best of luck!

PS
I forgot to mention that after I reloaded DJI GO 4 and signed in, Bottom right (in Me); I went to settings (top right cog wheel); Clear Cache; Clear Firmware; and deleted the firmware cache.

Last edited:
I just spent the whole day on a windows 10 PC trying to get the firmware to update as above uninstalled reinstalled tried and tried 20 or more times.

To cut a very long story short I was successful after fully charging all batteries all controllers all interface iPads. Also uninstalled go 4 apps and reinstalled them. Uninstalled Assistant 2 downloaded the latest and reinstalled it.

Used Assistant 2 on a windows 10 PC first to update/reinstall each controller firmware. Ignore any windows 10 messages saying a drive needs to be fixed. Next used Assistant 2 to update/reinstall each M2P(3 of them) to the latest firmware.

Charged all the batteries again. With a newly installed go 4 app connected to each drone in turn with the same battery and reinstall the latest firmware with success.

Next using the same drone switch batteries and using Assistant 2 reinstall/update the firmware.

The short answer is to uninstall, download and reinstall all software(Assistant2 and DJI go 4 app) use Assistant 2 first on individual pieces of kit before trying using the go 4 app. Ignore any windows 10 drive error messages about LOST.DIR folders.

Best of luck!
DJI dont like windows 10 i think its to do with the drivers

DJI dont like windows 10 i think its to do with the drivers

What makes you say that? I have Assistant installed and running without issues in Windows 10 64 bit (fully updated).

Probably my fault. I did not mean to give windows 10 so much prominence in my post. The issue was not windows 10 but the inability for the inconsistent firmware to update when using the Go4app.

Solution, uninstall software download the latest versions. Clear the firmware cache. Use Assistant 2 to update individual controller or drone and battery. Finally try with Go4app.

Just to say since the above posts by me. DJI have updated Assistant 2 to “Assistant 2 for Mavic” which was probably why my early attempts failed.

If you successfully used Assistant 2, no need to do it again with the Go app. It checks automatically but it should say it's up to date.

Again I have had problems updating firmware on a Mavic zoom. I even resorted to my own advise above without success.

Update repeatedly failed and got the Firmware inconsistency between modules message. And no update. Removed the SD card just in case it was that.

Resorted to a low spec laptop running windows 10. Uninstalled Assistant 2 for Mavic and then reInstalled Assistant 2 for Mavic. Connected the drone and tried again. This time things looked different. It went through the three stages. Download; transmission and Update. The update was slower and the gimbal danced at a couple of places before 100% Update complete.

Job done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair