DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Canopy Crash - Everybody loves a good crash!

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A comedy of errors resulted in a crash and a surprising recovery! I guess the only way to learn is to make mistakes!
(@old man mavic - Sorry dude, my 1562 flight crashed, but I'm not sad. Let's have fun with it!)
(@Made2Phly - I still rely on you to get me out of a jam! ... just kidding)

@RadioFlyerMan only you could make a wonderful video out of what could have been the sad demise of your drone ,well done in getting it back on Terra Firma ,unscathed apart from those props and a bit of Gimbal realignment ,it just shows how easy it is to miss a setting in the heat of battle,take care my friend ,and happy flying

Pretty good use of goof up footage! Glad your drone is ok.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Magnificently cool under pressure. That could so easily have been a disaster.
Thanks. It was challenging as it kept moving erratically. Sometimes the sticks were effective, other moments they were soft. I thought it was going right back into the tree.
I have an idea how to keep the on/off button protected from the way I hold and operate the sticks. I’m thinking of gluing an appropriate sized O-ring around the button area. Then it can only be operated by a downward pressure directly over the button.
I know someone is going to recommend just hold it differently. But at my age I’m dealing with “intension shake”, requiring me to use a lanyard and the pinch technique for accurate control.
Here’s a picture of why I’m having an issue with the button...FCB94133-47E9-445B-9D4B-B2915E48F147.jpeg
The problem occurs only during certain maneuvers. With the O-ring, the button will be protected from my knuckle.

(FYI I just got a job at a sewing machine factory... I thread the needles while there running. A very special skill!)

Last edited:
A comedy of errors resulted in a crash and a surprising recovery! I guess the only way to learn is to make mistakes!
(@old man mavic - Sorry dude, my 1562 flight crashed, but I'm not sad. Let's have fun with it!)
Hi RadioFlyerMan,
oh that was really scary and I alsmost got goosebumps :oops: o_O You really were a lucky man! I like the way you presentet your story, amazingThumbswayup
cheers Paul

Everybody loves a good crash as long as it's not theirs. Glad you got it back.

That was fantastic! You are a phenomenal editor too. Obviously this isn’t your first flight! Great compsosure getting through the situation and on to the recovery. Brilliant flying. ?

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
One of the most entertaining videos I’ve seen this week, if not all year! Loved how the title went behind the tree trunks btw. How did you do that? Congratulations on staying calm and getting “her” down.
Thanks. Lots of draw masks in Final Cut Pro X!

Thanks to all my fellow pilots for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed it. (And I learned something.)

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair