DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Change Camera Settings With Fly 1.2.5

Hillbilly1236

Reactions
I have a new MM2 and just downloaded the Fly 1.2.5 app and I can't change any of the camera slide settings, like the "allow upward gimbal rotation", histogram,overexposure, auto sync, etc. Am I missing something or is there something wrong with the MM2 or Fly app.

After seeing your post I updated Fly for my mini to 1.2.5 and all seems OK. Specifically I was able to go to the option to allow upward rotation of the gimbal and set it and the scroll wheel did rotate it up above horizontal. histogram was also there.

Concerning you not able to change camera slide settings, in the main FPV screen can you unlock the camera exposure and go to manual and adjust ISO and shutter?

Reactions: Hillbilly1236
Thanks so much for responding. I've been struggling with this for hours and after a Google search I found the answer. As expected it was operator error. What I thought to be slide switches are not. To move the setting from the left side to the right, you do not touch the left side dot and then slide it to the right, you simply touch the right side of the slide bar. I was pretty sure it was something I was doing, since none of the slides worked. However it seems like bad design to have a slide that doesn't slide. Why not an on or off switch. Anyways, it's working now.

Now I just need to wait for better weather to fly. I read a few threads today about drones crashing in cold weather and from what I can gather it is related to icing of the props. More investigation suggests that the DEW point is critical in assessing whether or not it is OK to fly. Lots of YT videos of guys flying the MM2 in sub 0C temps but I'm thinking they got lucky or knew more about what constitutes acceptable flying conditions than I do (which is zip). Lots to learn.

Have you got any links to videos you have produced?

Last edited:
Reactions: EyesWideShut
Thanks so much for responding. I've been struggling with this for hours and after a Google search I found the answer. As expected it was operator error. What I thought to be slide switches are not. To move the setting from the left side to the right, you do not touch the left side dot and then slide it to the right, you simply touch the right side of the slide bar. I was pretty sure it was something I was doing, since none of the slides worked. However it seems like bad design to have a slide that doesn't slide. Why not an on or off switch. Anyways, it's working now.

Now I just need to wait for better weather to fly. I read a few threads today about drones crashing in cold weather and from what I can gather it is related to icing of the props. More investigation suggests that the DEW point is critical in assessing whether or not it is OK to fly. Lots of YT videos of guys flying the MM2 in sub 0C temps but I'm thinking they got lucky or knew more about what constitutes acceptable flying conditions than I do (which is zip). Lots to learn.

Have you got any links to videos you have produced?
Flying below 0 C is possible but as you correctly noticed the biggest problem is with icing. So, keep your batteries warm in your jacket (they need to be warm as long as possible) and put them in a drone right before you start and do it on a sunny and dry day. Any sign of moisture (fog, cloud, etc) and it's a gambling. There are days you can safely fly and temp. is -20C and there are days with +3 C that can destroy your drone.

Reactions: Hillbilly1236
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3