DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect my controller to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

RossB

Reactions
Hi guys,
Ive had my MPP for a couple of weeks and have had no issues connecting my Galaxy S7 edge phone and my wife's older Galaxy Tab S2 to the controller through GO 4. I have downloaded the Go 4 app to my new GT2 but when the message comes up on the screen to make the GO 4 app the default, the message flashes on and off not allowing further action. Consequently the GO 4 app won't connect
I have uninstalled the first GO 4 app and downloaded a second time but still the problem.
I tried debugging the USB in the Developer Options but this had no effect.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ross

Go to settings, apps. For Standard App Selection select "ask always". Maybe you will also have to go through the standard apps and delete their standard settings.

Thanks James_Mav and GerdS for your suggestions. I'm a neewbie to the Mavic and certainly have average computer/Tablet skills so the following may be obvious to you experienced guys.

I have managed to get my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (model # SM-T719Y) to connect to the Controller. It is important to turn the Tablet OFF before connecting to the Controller/Mavic.

Fit the tablet to the Controller and hook up the USB cable from the Tablet to the Controller. Turn the Controller on and then turn on the Mavic and the Mavic and Controller will connect as usual.
Then turn on the Tablet. The Tablet will see the Controller as a low power charging source and the Tablet will go into charge mode. Press and hold the start button on the Tablet, and proceed with the Tablet start up. The Tablet warns you that it is hooked up to a low power charging source (and suggest you use the charger that came with the Tablet).

After the Tablet has booted the Tablet will do one of two things, automatically default to the GO 4 App and launch the GO4 App OR go to the Tablet HOME screen, in which case you launch the GO4 App manually and proceed to connect to the Controller.

I have carried out this process 20 times in succession and it has worked each time. If I start the Tablet before connecting up the Controller to it, the Tablet won't connect to the Controller.

Since the Tablet sees the Controller as a power source and the Tablet goes into "Charge Mode" it's important to always have the Tablet fully charged before connecting it to the Controller so the Controller battery is not depleated.

The Tablet can remain connected to the Controller when the the Controller is switched off as the Tablet can't draw current from the Controller and try and charge itself.

So this is working for me, and would be interested in what you guys think.
Ross

Reactions: Gygax
As I said in Post #1 My wife's 2 year old Galaxy Tab S2 (model # SM-T710) will connect to GO 4 App whether it is switched on or off while the Controller and the Mavic boot up.
Ross

Anyone have luck getting a permanent real fix to this? I tires speaking with customer service and it was such a hassle. Both dji and Samsung said there is no known issue.

Two models of the Tab S2 T710 works on or off, but the T713 you need to power off tablet connect remote, switch remote on, then start tablet.

I used to have that problem with my Tab A. I had to start the RC, Mavic, and then turn on the Tab A for it to connect. Since changing Go 4 to version 4.1.15 the problem is gone. I still start the RC and Mavic, but Go 4 now starts automatically when I plug the tablet into the RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929