DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't engage Sport Mode

PNWsquid

Reactions
I am having trouble getting sport mode to engage on my Mavic...

When I slight the RC switch, I get a pop-up that says something along the lines of "not allowed to used sport mode, you can engage sport mode in the main remote control settings". I may have butchered the message a bit, but the idea is there. The switch seems somehow locked. I am NOT in beginner mode for what its worth. Is there a setting I am missing in one of the menus?

Try enabling the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Multiple Flight Modes" setting in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Multiple-Flight-Mode.jpg

Yes there is a menu to allow multiple flight modes. Enable that one.

Almost lost my brand new Mavic to a flyaway because I couldn't get into sport mode. Very lucky and will make sure this setting is always on...

Awesome info! I got the same error yesterday when playing around with my new Mav. Now I know where to go to fix it.

How is it not a flyaway? The wind was making it "flyaway".
No, user error was allowing it to fly away

flyaway is the completely out of control, total lock out, FC gone nuts, fly away

What you had was strong wind which is easy enough to fly in if you turn off forward sensors or flick to sports, you still had total control, you just don't know how to use the mavic

No, user error was allowing it to fly away

flyaway is the completely out of control, total lock out, FC gone nuts, fly away

What you had was strong wind which is easy enough to fly in if you turn off forward sensors or flick to sports, you still had total control, you just don't know how to use the mavic
Sure, I didn't realize there was such a stringent definition of fly away compared to the actual meaning of the word.

Sure, I didn't realize there was such a stringent definition of fly away compared to the actual meaning of the word.

I think that some Mavic owners are tired of frequent "scare" posts about losing the aircraft, potential black-eye for the hobby? And the "Fly A" word/phrase will get found doing searches. To tell you the truth, since you never mentioned winds, I thought I was going to read about another lost drone.

I think that some Mavic owners are tired of frequent "scare" posts about losing the aircraft, potential black-eye for the hobby? And the "Fly A" word/phrase will get found doing searches. To tell you the truth, since you never mentioned winds, I thought I was going to read about another lost drone.
This guy gets it :)

I almost avoided buying one after reading about frequent electrical/software issues that caused "real" flyaways, but heard that it was almost entirely fixed after a few updates.

And chicken little really thought the sky was falling..... Can we stop with all the dire reports of the Mavic and just admit that lack of skills by newbies cause 99% of the issues and when you take the time to read the manual and fly the right way then you can enjoy this bird!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett