DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Even Update?

Toraneko

Reactions
Hi,
Hope I can get some help - not sure what the problem is.
I just got my Mavic Air today. Registered with the FAA and after charging everything tried to get connected. I am using a Galaxy Tab 4 (1.2GHz Quad-core & 1.5GB RAM). I can barely get registered with the DJI Go 4 app - I turned everyone on, it says all is connected, then gives a message that there is a firmware update - if I press on it to update, the next screen shows for half a second and then the screen whites out, then goes back to the main screen. Trying to Enter Device is no better.
I can't believe my Galaxy is outdated, but that's my first question.

Or is there another problem?

TIA.

Try using the DJI Assistant 2 and a pc to do updates, it's a more stable process

Hi,
First, thanks for the replies.
OK so I tried the DJI Asst - at first no luck, then deleted and re-installed it. Finally got the Air's firmware to update. But for whatever reason, no luck with the RC. I don't know why - did it exactly like in the video above.

I still am wondering about my first question though - I would like to use the Air with a tablet - I got a good adapter for the RC and I'd like to use what I have if I can - if it's not up to the job I'll fork over the money for a new one. But I managed to get DJI's online help to ask and they gave back a list of compatible gear - but nearly all smartphones, and the tablet - the Mac Air is old and discontinued. So I'd like to please ask is anyone else using their drone with a tablet - and if so, which one? Their list looks old and doesn't have the latest models - I can get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with 3GB RAM & 1.9 GHz CPU or Asus ZenPad 3S (4GB RAM & 2.1GHz +Quad-Core 1.7 GHz CPUs...or something else if someone has a good idea.
They are not on DJI's list, but they should have more than enough power and work fine with the DJI app, right?

Thanks again.

apple devices work much better with Go4. Buy a used ipad mini with no cell service.

apple devices work much better with Go4. Buy a used ipad mini with no cell service.

Just a bit of a qualification it needs to be a mini 2 or later otherwise DJI Go 4 won't install

Thanks very much for the help - I actually tried with my wife's tablet (Galaxy Tab A) and everything went through fine. I have managed to update the firmware of both the RC and Air, but that is where I am stuck. I can fly the drone through the tablet if I wanted, but for some reason I just can't get the RC and Air to link up. I'm following the step by step instructions, but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks very much for the help - I actually tried with my wife's tablet (Galaxy Tab A) and everything went through fine. I have managed to update the firmware of both the RC and Air, but that is where I am stuck. I can fly the drone through the tablet if I wanted, but for some reason I just can't get the RC and Air to link up. I'm following the step by step instructions, but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

You might have a faulty usb cable connecting the tablet to the RC , have you tried a different one ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost