DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't fly...forced Firmware update...any options?

I_Like_Drones

Reactions
Hi,

Had my MP for a few days, it came with
MP 1.03.0700
RC 1.03.0550
I already had the Go 4 app loaded...4.1.2

Flew fine for a couple of days and today the RC is saying Cannot Take-Off and when I try a CSC to start the props I get a message popup in the app saying that the Aircraft is Locked until I upgrade (I guess it means the firmware?)

What options, other than to upgrade, do I have?

And to answer the obvious question as to WHY I don't want to upgrade?
Because I don't believe I should be forced to upgrade to continue flying, it should be my choice.
Plus I may want to switch manually to FCC from CE at some point.

ILD

Last edited:
I'm not entirely up to date on the issue since I use an older firmware, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I do not believe you are forced to 'upgrade' the firmware. This locked issue is due to not logging into the app after they started requiring it. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?
Or it requires you to get the newest app version and login.

Reactions: Flycaster
I decided to uninstall go4 and install a version of 4.1.3

I can fly again at the moment so we will see what happens over the coming flights...

Have you tried Litchi App. Some prefer that to Djigo4.

I am in the same situation now. My MP is locked because it stayed in ver 700. So have you figured it out how to unlock the aircraft?

I am in the same situation now. My MP is locked because it stayed in ver 700. So have you figured it out how to unlock the aircraft?

I upgraded the app to a version of the 4.1.3 version

So, you can fly with DJI GO 4 ver 4.1.3 while your AC and RC under version 900??? Really? Actually I finally unlocked my MP and I do not want to take a risk.
Yes...

Last edited:
Performance is improved with the proper update, so why not?
Just a thought for you to investigate and possibly gain some insight. Go to the phantom 4 forum and read about some of the fun people are having after their recent update courtesy of the wonderful people at DJI. Do some reading before you make ANY changes. I love DJI product. I just wish for a better after sale relationship. Have fun,and read as much as you can stand.

so is there any option not to upgrade from 0.7 and override that issue of mavic block?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11