DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get Active Track to activate

westwind77

Reactions
I've used active track on my MPP in the past but I can't get it to work with the 2s. I have watched a few youtube video just to make sure I was not crazy and missing something but from what I can tell I am doing things the right way.

In short I drag a box around the subject I want to track and the box appears on the bottom with 'Active Track, Spotlight, POI

Spotlight is highlighted in yellow, when I click to change it to Active Track I get an error saying 'Unable to switch subjects. Function only supports following subjects such as people and vehicles.

I have tried ths with mutiple vehicles from different angles and the same with people and get the same warning.

I know that Active Track will not work at the higher frame rates as well. I have tried on C, N, & S, and still no difference. I have tried pretty much all resulotions as well.

I really want to use Active Track today.....any thoughts?

IMG_0786.jpeg

I was finally able to get it to work. I think the MPP did a better job initializing, but the 2s will do a better job actually tracking.

What I found is that you have to get somewhat close to the subject for the 2s to recognize what is it, from there you can fly back/up/off and still hold the 'target' and track. It will not 'lock' onto a target if from what I consider to be a reasonable distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas