DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get full screen on RC Pro Firefox browser in order to complete FlySafe unlock.

Ridgeback65

Reactions
I'm clearly still getting used to this controller. Disclosure, I'm an Apply OS guy so I'm not sure if this is an Android-ignorance issue but yesterday I'm going to do a mission in class B. I get Aloft clearance no sweat. Then of course, I get the DJI geo lock (sigh). I connect my remote to my cell phone's cellular hot spot (in the past with the RC-1N, I'm using my cell phone directly for all this). I get on the RC Pro built-in Firefox browser app to log in to DJI FlySafe to apply for unlock. The following photos show what I see--a cut-off browser where I only see a small part of the page and then what I should see on a mobile browser. No amount of pinching/swiping/etc. seemed to allow me to navigate the page in order to make it functional / useable in order to even start the application. What am I doing wrong?

Finally, I know that one can apply in advance from a desktop and transfer (and this is far easier) but I really need to be able to do this successfully in the field for times when one forgets or finds themselves in a locked zone they weren't aware of.

Attachments

• IMG_7356.JPG
    IMG_7356.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1F9328A2DA1F-1.jpeg
    IMG_1F9328A2DA1F-1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: GadgetGuy
DJI does not have a mobile version for unlocking GEO Zones. They must be completed and accepted by DJI in advance. I've tried unlocking from an iPhone (IOS) and Triptek (android) and a few different browsers and get a message "this cannot be completed from a mobile device". I always check the DJI GEO zone for the job I'm going to do in advance and carry a Microsoft Surface which can be connected via wifi with me in case I missed something. I have noticed and I guess it depends on the airspace that you can unlock the zone from with the DJI Fly app if a pop-up comes up. Otherwise, you must use the DJI website (non-mobile).

You can also refer to this thread

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Ridgeback65
DJI does not have a mobile version for unlocking GEO Zones. They must be completed and accepted by DJI in advance. I've tried unlocking from an iPhone (IOS) and Triptek (android) and a few different browsers and get a message "this cannot be completed from a mobile device". I always check the DJI GEO zone for the job I'm going to do in advance and carry a Microsoft Surface which can be connected via wifi with me in case I missed something. I have noticed and I guess it depends on the airspace that you can unlock the zone from with the DJI Fly app if a pop-up comes up. Otherwise, you must use the DJI website (non-mobile).

You can also refer to this thread

Best of luck to you.
Thanks gfields. Can you clarify what you mean by "mobile version"? Like an app? I'm simply referring to doing it from a standard web browser be it on a phone or desktop (or in this case, a browser built-in to the remote via cellular hot spot). How would DJI know if you are "in the field" or not? In any case, I'm certain I've successfully applied for unlocking in the field from my phone. Has something changed?

I know this is a extra large ongoing DJI thorn in a lot of backsides. Someone once described it as a construction contractor performing a job at a military facility with all their permits, papers, red tape, etc. prepared only to have Ford Motor Co tell them they can't drive their work truck to the job site. Gotta be a better way. Maybe we can get a petition going on here to DJI about this to streamline this redundant process?

That aside, it still doesn't address my issue of why I can't see the whole browser page on the Firefox app on the RC Pro. As shown in the photos, I can definitely "see" the application window in totality on my mobile device...

Thanks gfields. Can you clarify what you mean by "mobile version"? Like an app? I'm simply referring to doing it from a standard web browser be it on a phone or desktop (or in this case, a browser built-in to the remote via cellular hot spot). How would DJI know if you are "in the field" or not? In any case, I'm certain I've successfully applied for unlocking in the field from my phone. Has something changed?

I know this is a extra large ongoing DJI thorn in a lot of backsides. Someone once described it as a construction contractor performing a job at a military facility with all their permits, papers, red tape, etc. prepared only to have Ford Motor Co tell them they can't drive their work truck to the job site. Gotta be a better way. Maybe we can get a petition going on here to DJI about this to streamline this redundant process?

That aside, it still doesn't address my issue of why I can't see the whole browser page on the Firefox app on the RC Pro. As shown in the photos, I can definitely "see" the application window in totality on my mobile device...
I am referring to a browser on a mobile device. You should not have a problem using a Desktop or Laptop.

The fact that the browser or app is on a mobile device is how DJI knows (coding for mobile apps is different). When I type in DJI.com, it goes to DJI.com/mobile and there's no way around that. So if you don't get the unlock pop-up in the Fly App or Go App, you will need a laptop while in the field or do it from a desktop/laptop beforehand.

As I stated, I too have unlocked a GEO Zone in the app before. I'm guessing it depends on the Airspace you're in.

I have made checking GEO Zones part of my Pre-flight items on the day before the job. And, as I said, in case I forget or make a mistake in the flight radius I carry my laptop just in case. I just don't want to take the chance.

I am not a representative for DJI but I'm thinking they have decided to cover themselves from any liability by imposing these restrictions.

Not being able to see the entire page in your mobile browser may be a setting (screen size) issue or could be something else. I have no problem loading the complete page on my iPhone. The RC Pro uses Android OS just like my Triptek table and although the page loads fine, I only can see the previous request I have made and cannot create a new one.

Sorry I cannot be of better help to you. Try contacting DJI directly about your remote and the installed apps.

Last edited:
Ok, going to have to eat some crow here (adding a lot of salt). I just checked with DJI and was shown something I had been overlooking or just plainly did not see.

I have checked this out using both IOS device iPhone and Android device Triptek and using the Firefox browser.

There is now an icon in the lower right-hand corner. This is to create a new unlock. I went through the steps and was successful.

1656357076349.png

I hope this helps. But again, you might need to contact DJI about the browser setting etc

Ok, going to have to eat some crow here (adding a lot of salt). I just checked with DJI and was shown something I had been overlooking or just plainly did not see.

I have checked this out using both IOS device iPhone and Android device Triptek and using the Firefox browser.

There is now an icon in the lower right-hand corner. This is to create a new unlock. I went through the steps and was successful.

View attachment 150849

I hope this helps. But again, you might need to contact DJI about the browser setting etc
Thank you sir! Yes, I did contact DJI about several related things and these were my Q's and their A's:

Q: I am not able to see the DJI website page properly from the built-in RC Pro Firefox browser via cellular hotspot. Why? This seems like a limitation of using the new Pro controller.
A: Since the UI design is for the smartphone, you may not see the website properly on the remote controller. We recommend you visit the website on a PC or a smartphone.
(Exactly what you said...)

Q: Are we as users able to use mobile devices (iPhones for example) in the field to apply for geo unlock in case we forget to apply in advance or were unaware a geo unlock would be necessary at certain sites?
A: Yes, you can submit the unlock request using your smartphone. But you will have to make sure you have internet coverage on the field.

Q: I am FAA part 107 flying commercially for a company. Is there an easier way to combine FAA LAANC authorization with DJI geo unlock?
A: Sorry, our GEO system doesn't serve as a notification to the airport of drone activity at present, the DJI LAANC program is still under development. We have written down your feedback and will report them to the senior team for further optimization.

Q: My profile with DJI FlySafe is currently registered as “Personal”. Can I update that to “Organizational” and will it help in any way?
4. Yes, you can update your profile in the user center. DJI FlySafe. It will make unlocking licenses more likely to be granted and will also have a longer validity period.

Hopefully, regarding the 3rd question, they are *truly* working on this DJI/LAANC development.

Reactions: GFields
I have been able to unlock DJI GEO zones with my iPhone. The trick is to request a desktop version of Safari. When you are looking at the two AAs in the URL field if you touch the two AAs it will give you a menu where you can choose the desktop version and then unlock will work.

Now, with regards to the DJI RC Pro I ran into the same problem as Ridgeback65 but have not figured out how to get around it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929