DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get online authorization municipal airport nearby."NFZ can't take off"

offtheback

Reactions
I live about a mile from the Venice Fla municipal airport.No LAANC available.I did the DJI unlocking+it said auth succeeded and it transferred to the DJI GO app.Tried to confirm after app asked for agreement.Tapped"aircraft" and little circle that looked like loading in progress never changed from spinning.Is it not possible to get authorization?I just applied for dronezone approval.How long does that usually take and how do you transfer that to the aircraft/app to unlock flight?Muni airport is class E

Attachments

• VENICE AIRPORT.jpeg
    VENICE AIRPORT.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
When I applied for my authorization through DroneZone I was one of the lucky ones. FAA called me the following day and gave me authorization and extended not only the area but also the number of months.
Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to use it yet

When I applied for my authorization through DroneZone I was one of the lucky ones. FAA called me the following day and gave me authorization and extended not only the area but also the number of months.
Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to use it yet
Thanks.How did you unlock the drone?I tried before authorization to unlock through DJI's website but it didn't work

I live about a mile from the Venice Fla municipal airport.No LAANC available.I did the DJI unlocking+it said auth succeeded and it transferred to the DJI GO app.Tried to confirm after app asked for agreement.Tapped"aircraft" and little circle that looked like loading in progress never changed from spinning.Is it not possible to get authorization?I just applied for dronezone approval.How long does that usually take and how do you transfer that to the aircraft/app to unlock flight?Muni airport is class E

You don't need FAA authorization to fly there - it's Class G airspace. It is a DJI Geo warning or authorization zone, depending on your exact location, but that just requires unlocking in the app.

Thanks.I have unlocked in DJI online but still shows NFZ.Airport says it's class E on phone.IIn the unlocking list in the go4 app aircraft shows unlocking license but says app has no unlocking license.Did I miss something?

with no LAANC you have to go online to the FAA DroneZone and apply for airspace authorization. Then go back into the Dji web site Zone info and enter your authorization info along with the drones info to unlock the drone for your flight.

Thanks.I have unlocked in DJI online but still shows NFZ.Airport says it's class E on phone.IIn the unlocking list in the go4 app aircraft shows unlocking license but says app has no unlocking license.Did I miss something?

It's not Class E below 700 ft.

IMG_3E156B6C82F3-1.jpeg

Have you tried simply unlocking on the phone? Are you logged into your DJI account on the phone?

with no LAANC you have to go online to the FAA DroneZone and apply for airspace authorization. Then go back into the Dji web site Zone info and enter your authorization info along with the drones info to unlock the drone for your flight.

It's not controlled airspace - it doesn't need FAA authorization.

Reactions: Recoveryone
It's not controlled airspace - it doesn't need FAA authorization.
So I'm guess I'm doing something wrong with the dji unlocking.Unlocking list says import successful for app.Under aircraft when I slide the activate button and check the boxes it says use auth failed.Sounds like the controller is validated though it says "in nfz"on controller face and says "cannot take off" in upper left on app screen.

You are correct SAR104, checking the zone map shows no drone flight or ceiling restrictions. May need to check for recent NOTEMS

You are correct SAR104, checking the zone map shows no drone flight or ceiling restrictions. May need to check for recent NOTEMS

This is clearly a problem with the DJI unlock process - not an airspace issue.
So I'm guess I'm doing something wrong with the dji unlocking.Unlocking list says import successful for app.Under aircraft when I slide the activate button and check the boxes it says use auth failed.Sounds like the controller is validated though it says "in nfz"on controller face and says "cannot take off" in upper left on app screen.

Are you in the blue authorization zone, or just the warning zone?

1585672703659.png

BTW, I used the unlocking the other day and did not realize you have to try to take the drone off to get the "are you sure" questions.
If you unlock through the website, it starts at midnight. So use the real time unlock through mobile device, and try to take off.

You can simply unlock on your phone - nothing else required.
By unlocking on your phone do you mean using your phone to get a code after filling in the dji unlock on a computer?The DJI website doesn't let you use a phone to do their unlock.I have the controller connected to a Crystal Sky.

BTW, I used the unlocking the other day and did not realize you have to try to take the drone off to get the "are you sure" questions.
If you unlock through the website, it starts at midnight. So use the real time unlock through mobile device, and try to take off.
After my unlocking the drone will not start so the try doesn't do anything.I get the message that DJI unlocking can't be done on a mobile device.Is there something I'm missing on this?

After my unlocking the drone will not start so the try doesn't do anything.I get the message that DJI unlocking can't be done on a mobile device.Is there something I'm missing on this?
sounds like you are on the website on your phone browser, trying to unlock.
All the steps should be done within DJI go.
You would fire up, try to start flight, and it should pop up questions asking if you are sure and so on.
If you do not get the questions in dji go, mention that.
I assume the dji go on crystal sky works the same as on a phone.

sounds like you are on the website on your phone browser, trying to unlock.
All the steps should be done within DJI go.
You would fire up, try to start flight, and it should pop up questions asking if you are sure and so on.
If you do not get the questions in dji go, mention that.
I assume the dji go on crystal sky works the same as on a phone.
It asks me on the Crystal Sky 3 questions Auth to fly? Responsibilty?Upload hardware info?.I check those 3 off,press confirm and get"export request failed"error 405

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom